Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    OpelAus Participant buchmueller's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is totally uncool and super scary. So glad for the long spiel you posted as it's the big picture which is the concern. I'm guessing but I'd say the dealerships are pissed off they have to service Opels all of a sudden, so they don't like them and we are an inconvenience. That attitude filters down to the mechanics, and if you are " lucky" enough to get a Redneck......it's Game Over dude!
    Seriously glad your ride wasn't smashed eh. Catchya.

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have taken a series of cars to Patterson Cheney, now in Vermont VIC over a 20+ year period. I have never had to take a car back to have a second go at a problem. They have always been professional and on time. They are often a bit expensive but that is mainly due to (Astra AH) parts prices particularly brakes as they naturally have to use factory parts rather than aftermarket. I will be taking our new Opel Astra to them during warranty and probably beyond.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ScottSri Click here to enlarge
    Car just got serviced today by City Motors in WA booked two weeks in advance, dropped my car off at 9:00AM and said it should be ready at 4:00PM so I thought there must be a Super!!!! long check list or engine rebuild. I rocked up at 3:50 and had a quick look around around seen my car still on the hoist in the air. took another 30mins before it came out the work shop. the exit from the workshop is a very steep downward incline with a blind exit out the workshop into a T juction with car parks straight ahead, there is 5 KPH signs everywere in that area with cars presistently fly through the T juction with no horn signal or even looking by alot of servicemen and mechanics.

I watched my car fly out the workshop and lock up the rear wheels sliding, with lucky to have an empty car park bay in front (which had a car not even 10mins earlier) and stalled he stayed there in the car looking shook up, then drove the car to an empty bay near the front close to where I was standing staring in disbelief. He then tryed to open the bonnet searching for the latch for a good while had a quick look didnt even touch anything then shut it by resting it down then apply force to get it to shut.

He wasnt an apprentice unless he was a mature aged one, was about late 20s trying to look cool in sunnys.

I just recived an invoice on its own with no check list or any information what was found with while the vehicle was serviced.

I can safely say my tyres need to be replaced because of heat exposure,un even wear and rounded sidewalls.
    brakes plenty of noise from being exposed to heat and glazed and also because they are high temp race pads.
    Also signs of an oil leak on the left hand drive shaft were I pulled it out alittle when change my springs.

So thats how my service went my heart is still racing from watching the Near miss and feeling ripped off i payed $348

When the service advisor walked me to my vehicle they made a comment saying it looks almost Identical to the HSV VXR then looked inside and said aw seats and dash aswell. :/ I love the Vxr but they look nothing like the J VXR/OPC
    Looks the same because the colour is the same ? Very observant aren`t they!
    As I said I have not been there since December 2012 and they were servicing mine in the HSV Workshop, was good for a while there as one of the techs was ex-Vauxhall and he always worked on my car.
    By your experience I do not think I will be re-visiting there again.

I'm new here, please be nice dynamik's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cheers for the heads up poita Click here to enlarge

I'll probably be taking mine to brian gardner .. will let you know how I go.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did my first interim change oil (6 months @ 5,300 km) at the dealership I purchased the car from for $29 (this is included as a package on my car purchase from that dealer for the next 6 years).

Although they have dropped selling Opels due to them leaving, their service centre still exists for the other 2 car brands they sell, and so able to do my annual and interim services. Which also gives me 10% of the annual capped price servicing. I just need to give them about 3 days heads up so they can order the parts for my opel (dexos 2 oil, filter, etc.)

The only thing they cannot do is warranty repairs. I would need to go to Holden for that which I hope I would not have to do.
    2013 Astra Sports Tourer. 1.6T. Auto. Phantom Grey. GlossBlack Vinyl Roof, Dark Streetlegal tints, OEM 19 wheels, LED: DRLs; H7 low beams; foglights; plate lights; interior lights, Shark fin FM aerial, Smoked side repeaters + chrome bulbs, OEM glovebox shelf, OEM sunglass holder, OEM Astra Mats, EDS phase 1 tune, Pipercross Panel Filter, Aluminium sport pedals, DBA T2 brake rotors, turbosmart BOV
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...-Sports-Tourer

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rocky424 Click here to enlarge
    Did my first interim change oil (6 months @ 5,300 km) at the dealership I purchased the car from for $29 (this is included as a package on my car purchase from that dealer for the next 6 years).

Although they have dropped selling Opels due to them leaving, their service centre still exists for the other 2 car brands they sell, and so able to do my annual and interim services. Which also gives me 10% of the annual capped price servicing. I just need to give them about 3 days heads up so they can order the parts for my opel (dexos 2 oil, filter, etc.)

The only thing they cannot do is warranty repairs. I would need to go to Holden for that which I hope I would not have to do.
    Are they a Holden dealership ? If not, how would they go about ecu/software updates ?
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dutchy Click here to enlarge
    Are they a Holden dealership ? If not, how would they go about ecu/software updates ?
    Good point. Do they do an update every service? If it's a scheduled service, I'd likely ask closer to the date if there are any software updates lined up. Not something I need to worry about before May-Jun 2014 if all goes well with the car.
    2013 Astra Sports Tourer. 1.6T. Auto. Phantom Grey. GlossBlack Vinyl Roof, Dark Streetlegal tints, OEM 19 wheels, LED: DRLs; H7 low beams; foglights; plate lights; interior lights, Shark fin FM aerial, Smoked side repeaters + chrome bulbs, OEM glovebox shelf, OEM sunglass holder, OEM Astra Mats, EDS phase 1 tune, Pipercross Panel Filter, Aluminium sport pedals, DBA T2 brake rotors, turbosmart BOV
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...-Sports-Tourer

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    they would check if updates are available at each service I guess. better ask them before you take it in next time.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve book the J in for her first service at Metro Holden at Thebarton…(for those playing in SA.)

There are a couple of things that I’ve highlighted to get fixed under warranty:-

· Chrome trim along driver’s door lifting

· Chrome trim along driving light loose

· Driver’s seat internal loose – movement in seat when turning into corners

· Rear bumper bar paint damaged by poor fitted rear hatch

· Navi900 not allowing hands free operation with Android phone running 4.3

Car is going in next week, will update on how these issues are rectified but also customer service towards Opel owners

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

OpelAus Forum Regular corsa b combat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Theo Click here to enlarge
    I’ve book the J in for her first service at Metro Holden at Thebarton…(for those playing in SA.)

There are a couple of things that I’ve highlighted to get fixed under warranty:-

· Chrome trim along driver’s door lifting

· Chrome trim along driving light loose

· Driver’s seat internal loose – movement in seat when turning into corners

· Rear bumper bar paint damaged by poor fitted rear hatch

· Navi900 not allowing hands free operation with Android phone running 4.3

Car is going in next week, will update on how these issues are rectified but also customer service towards Opel owners

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
    Thanks mate.Keep us posted
    2013 Magma red Corsa OPC, stage 1 software, Dbilas flowmaster, custom 2 pod centre vent gauges.TRC front splitter 3" Dbilas exhaust Racing version,Dbilas uprated FMIC.

Thread Information