Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by buchmueller Click here to enlarge
    Good torque gain, but after some more worthwhile revs too, so next gear selected is a little higher in rev band= less lag on shifts and a bit meaner note up high. Gotta be better than stock though, which is good. Do you run a boost gauge or know what extra is added?
    Torque was what I was chasing, to get rid of what I consider serious turbo lag in this car. It did not quite work as I hoped, the lag is still there, but there is a noticeable gain, nothing in your face, but it is there.
    I have no way of knowing what the change is, other than it can be felt. I have not had it on the dyno, and I doubt I will at this point. The short shifter helps a lot though, well worth it.
    Personally, I would have paid 30k more for this car, if they used the AWD system on it, gave it another 100kw and a double clutch trans with paddle shift.

My next thing will be to look at the exhaust system, but need to research the benefits of doing it from the CAT back, as I do not want to lose the electronics and do not want to waste money either. Going to change to air filter, for a K&N one, and look at the gains that can be made from the turbo system, such as the intercooloer, waste gate etc.
    I am really wanting to be able to get the best out of whats there, rather than pimp it out. 206kw out to 226kw would be fine, and if the turbo would come in at 1900rpm or so, then that would make my day.

OpelAus Participant buchmueller's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that. I'll be doing similar. Will also be changing the downpipe from turbo to a decat version. You should consider that as cheap, reversible if needed and reduces back pressure on turbine ( less heat and lag) especially since yours under more strain. Cheers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that. I'll be doing similar. Will also be changing the downpipe from turbo to a decat version. You should consider that as cheap, reversible if needed and reduces back pressure on turbine ( less heat and lag) especially since yours under more strain. Cheers.
    Is yours the low k demo from Burswood? I am looking at a few options for exhaust, including a full system from M-Tech, which is a decent price

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brand new from them mid July. Done 4500 kms now. Hey, how hard to fit short shifter. Seen video, how hard for you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brand new from them mid July. Done 4500 kms now. Hey, how hard to fit short shifter. Seen video, how hard for you?
    10 mins is bullshit! The battery needs to come out, as does most of the battery box. Retaining clips felt like they would break off, but when I forced it, it all went ok.
    Main nut on the shifter is on with loctite, so took some effort. A little heat would sort that if you have the same issue. Odd size nut, 15mm or 19mm from memory, either way I had to buy a single socket for it, as I did not have it.
    Worth doing yourself though, and budget 1 hour for the job. More than worth it.
    Shift still notchy, but that 1st to 2nd shift is sorted far more than standard, as are the rest. Cheap fix in the end, but not 100% perfect, though doubt anything would be.
    In all, I recommend it, and I would buy it again after trying it out. Would be really 40% maybe, shorter.

Your actually just down the road from me. I have a place in Champion Lakes, and would be happy to meet up to show you the shifter for yourself.

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    short shifter was a 10 minute job mate. No need to take the battery out at all. I used a very long extension on the socket to get the nut off and then a small puller in my case to pull the original one off. New one pushed on and tightened the nut.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dutchy Click here to enlarge
    short shifter was a 10 minute job mate. No need to take the battery out at all. I used a very long extension on the socket to get the nut off and then a small puller in my case to pull the original one off. New one pushed on and tightened the nut.
    I read your post on that actually. I looked at it, tried to get my hands in there, but was not working for me. Mine was also on so tight, that I would never have been able to do it even with a little more access.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The J opc is the easiest of the lot to fit. The biggest improvement with the shifter I think is the more positive feel it gives.

I'm looking into a different tune for mine more suited to P100 or maybe even E85.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by t20569cald Click here to enlarge
    10 mins is bullshit! The battery needs to come out, as does most of the battery box. Retaining clips felt like they would break off, but when I forced it, it all went ok.
    Main nut on the shifter is on with loctite, so took some effort. A little heat would sort that if you have the same issue. Odd size nut, 15mm or 19mm from memory, either way I had to buy a single socket for it, as I did not have it.
    Worth doing yourself though, and budget 1 hour for the job. More than worth it.
    Shift still notchy, but that 1st to 2nd shift is sorted far more than standard, as are the rest. Cheap fix in the end, but not 100% perfect, though doubt anything would be.
    In all, I recommend it, and I would buy it again after trying it out. Would be really 40% maybe, shorter.

Your actually just down the road from me. I have a place in Champion Lakes, and would be happy to meet up to show you the shifter for yourself.
    Watched nigel put two in. Bullshit only because it took him 10 minutes to put the two in.... So five minutes each.
    Last edited by ChrisMaz; 2nd October 2013 at 10:50 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't sound like huge issue then and worth fitting. Have to get my finger out and place some orders for things like this and other bits. Thanks for all your inputs.

Thread Information