Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the way I see it, you are all comparing apples with apples

it's funny because I'm sure there are alfa mito owners looking down on the corsa as platform sharing rubbish

who gives a crap, you have no plan on buying one so why rag on it

personally, I think they look good and I think it can never be a bad thing to have manufacturers embracing turbochargers which will no doubt improve the technology/increase efficiency/reduce cost

note: general statement and not directed at anyone in particular
    '03 Arden Turbo "Tegan"
    '15 Fiesta ST "Tiffany"

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I kinda agree with your comments there Ben. But I think its more disappointing that they chose this route rather than import the corsa under the Holden brand. I daresay this was the cheaper option Click here to enlarge
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what like the malibu? Click here to enlarge

also, I realise it's not exactly apples with apples at the moment seeing as though the corsa is on the fiat platform... but I was thinking more about when the corsa E gets released on the gamma II platform
    '03 Arden Turbo "Tegan"
    '15 Fiesta ST "Tiffany"

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought it was obvious why the current Corsa wasn't on the cards. Fiat chassis and a lack if competitive engine/transmission combinations.

OpelAus Enthusiast lonewolf1983's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by kabel Click here to enlarge
    You know something we do not ?

Really ? I thought they dumped a whole lot of upgrades into the suspension for the Hot Tuner Shootout a few years back and wasn`t it worth nearly as much as some of the Euro cars ?

Somehow I do not doubt your comments though the lowered/20`s Cruze I have driven feels like an American Car from the 60`s. Very floaty and extremely average steering,not to mention a confused auto and a lot of noise for not a lot of momentum.
    Interior is alright though and it has everything the discerning 00`s driver wants............................Click here to enlarge
    yeah, apparently lag city (which would be expected at that power level and only a 1.4 driving it)
    Currently: '94 honda civic w/DC2 Type-R conversion - track toy

formerly: '03 Astra Turbo, FMIC, 3" TBE, EDS IPF, quaife LSD, KW coilovers, Wilwood 6pots etc

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rjastra Click here to enlarge
    I thought it was obvious why the current Corsa wasn't on the cards. Fiat chassis and a lack if competitive engine/transmission combinations.
    The standard Corsa D non-turbo 1.4 isn't that far behind the TM Barina's 1.6 in terms of power (which is still somewhat based upon the X16XE from the Corsa B), but your average Corsa or Barina buyer isn't looking for massive amounts of power or sportiness for that matter. The turbo model will mainly appeal to enthusiasts, in which case they'll probably be smart enough to look elsewhere anyway.

As for Holden selling the Corsa, I believe even though Opel have gone through the ADR processes necessary, they're not interested in it as Corsa E is just around the corner and that just doesn't make sense at the moment. No point in starting to sell a car, when it's replacement is almost waiting in the wings. I guess this was possibly an issue for Opel, considering they would be looking at having to comply new cars (at a significant cost I would believe) that just didn't seem to be selling in the volumes they'd have liked.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Go home Holden, you're drunk
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by poita Click here to enlarge
    Go home Holden, you're drunk
    Click here to enlarge
    yep. lets slap a cruze motor into a small car, sikaflex some cheap plastic to the sides and back, and call it a "hot hatch" Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ooh, four wheel disc brakes. Not like they didn't have them on the XC or anything.

Well done Holden, once again you've succeeded in polishing a Korean turd, just don't expect it to shine.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Thread Information