Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Would have been far better quality than this thing
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChrisMaz Click here to enlarge
    I was expecting to click this thread and see that Holden were going to import the Corsa OPC as a barina....
    So much disappoint.
    My initial thoughts too
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Although they'll probably sell a tonne of them, which as a brand will more than likely mean they'll be around longer than Opel Europe..... Those guys are in some serious shit.
    Click here to enlarge

EDS-IPF Re-Map, 19" OPC Snowflakes, OPC Rear Spoiler, OPC Rear Diffuser, Remus Exhaust, Irmscher Front Spoiler, Irmscher Front Grille, Irmscher Eyebrows Signum Fog Surrounds and Lower Grille, K&N Apollo Intake, Koni Yellow Adjustable Dampers, Eibach Pro-Kit, DBA 5000 Gold Rotors, M-Tech Shifter

OpelAus Enthusiast lonewolf1983's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shortstuff Click here to enlarge

I agree they should have put the A16NET in it, but I'm pretty sure it could be a lot of fun with a bit of tweaking. Walkinshaw did manage to get 180kw out of the A14NET in the Cruze!
    and apparently it was a bucket of poo to drive at that power level!
    Currently: '94 honda civic w/DC2 Type-R conversion - track toy

formerly: '03 Astra Turbo, FMIC, 3" TBE, EDS IPF, quaife LSD, KW coilovers, Wilwood 6pots etc

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I was expecting to click this thread and see that Holden were going to import the Corsa OPC as a barina....
    So much disappoint.
    If only. I believe my now 12 year old Corsa C has better build quality than the current TM Barina. My sister-in-law had a TK model and it was terrible, like my mother's Viva (aka the flying ashtray, due to my parents' smoking habits). I haven't had much to do with the TM model, but if it's predecessor is anything to go by, there's a s**tload of room for improvement. But given this turbo model has existed since the launch of this model, it makes you wonder why they've only released it now.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like a lot of effort to go to for a Daewoo... When GM already has acces to the Corsa VXR/OPC...

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chris_r Click here to enlarge
    So, Holden now thinks polishing the turd that has been the Daewoo-built Barina is going to win buyers over. It's not like they don't have access to a 1.6 turbo either.

Maybe the fact it's only a 1.4 opens the door for HSV to use the 1.6 in a further up-spec model. Given that Commodore production is supposed to wind up in 2016, HSV would need to look at options of what product to sell. I wouldn't be surprised that since they have no intentions of using Opel OPC models in their range, that they would rice up the imported Korean models that Holden have now. As a result, given that Astra and Cruze are on the same platform, I wouldn't be surprised that we might also end up with a Cruze with Astra J OPC running gear.
    KSV - Korean Special Vehicles

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Corsa is not federalised for the North American market and the OPC Corsa is manual only.

The Sonic RS (Aka Barina) was developed for the US market and arrived after the rest of the Sonic range was released. And the Chev Sonic is built in the USA.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rjastra Click here to enlarge
    The Sonic RS (Aka Barina) was developed for the US market and arrived after the rest of the Sonic range was released. And the Chev Sonic is built in the USA.
    Maybe so, but our models will be sourced from Korea. Yanks only build their own to keep the unions happy, because they go ape if one company imports more than a certain number of cars in a year, plus they have the production capability and the demand to build all sorts of cars. Believe it or not, most of the development for the TM Barina happened in Melbourne, probably as a result of GMH being GM's official stakeholder in Daewoo. The original concept for this model also featured the A14NET and six speed manual gearbox, so it was never intended to be a US-only proposition. It was just Holden dragging their feet as they always do with this kind of thing.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although they'll probably sell a tonne of them, which as a brand will more than likely mean they'll be around longer than Opel Europe..... Those guys are in some serious shit.
    You know something we do not ?
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lonewolf1983 Click here to enlarge
    and apparently it was a bucket of poo to drive at that power level!
    Really ? I thought they dumped a whole lot of upgrades into the suspension for the Hot Tuner Shootout a few years back and wasn`t it worth nearly as much as some of the Euro cars ?

Somehow I do not doubt your comments though the lowered/20`s Cruze I have driven feels like an American Car from the 60`s. Very floaty and extremely average steering,not to mention a confused auto and a lot of noise for not a lot of momentum.
    Interior is alright though and it has everything the discerning 00`s driver wants............................Click here to enlarge

Thread Information