Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I saw this at the movies.........................Mission Impossible III.
    All Opel owners appear to have been disavowed !
    Seriously feel for you guys.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dutchy, all Holden dealers will have the oil filter in stock as its shared with some other GM engines Holden use. Also with the 1.4tlr and 1.6ltr turbo in the cruze a few parts will be shared.

If Holden uses an Opel part they will be the same part number. If you ever want to know if a part number is available locally just shot me a text and I can look it up. I also have access to the Opel parts catalog.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dutchy Click here to enlarge
    Yeah, all bull (again and as per usual). Walked into the local Holden dealer here and asked if they stock Opel parts. NOPE, the guy said, we don't. Am not sure if we will take any stock. Might have to order them if you need something so when you have an issue, see us in advance and we can order the parts. FARK, if I know exactly up front if, and when, something's breaking down, I would be a freakin millionaire !!!!!
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chrissn89 Click here to enlarge
    Dutchy, all Holden dealers will have the oil filter in stock as its shared with some other GM engines Holden use. Also with the 1.4tlr and 1.6ltr turbo in the cruze a few parts will be shared.

If Holden uses an Opel part they will be the same part number. If you ever want to know if a part number is available locally just shot me a text and I can look it up. I also have access to the Opel parts catalog.
    Cheers Chris, will keep that in mind. Its not so much an oil filter or some of the same parts as used on the Cruze. It's the lack of Opel arranging things and informing owners. The lack of interest by the, only one, local Holden dealer (I am driving the only Opel in the area too). I know I can get most parts from overseas cheaper than I can get them here. As it stands now, I cannot even get my car serviced nor at an Opel dealer nor at the local Holden dealer. Opel specific parts are not available. There is yet another software update which I can't get. That just pisses me off. Not that I want anything in the car to break down but I'd been keen to see how my local Holden dealer will treat me if I put in a warranty claim. Now I had a problem with this Holden dealership several years ago when we went in to look at a Caprice. They told us that we might better look at a Commodore because a Caprice would be too expensive and probably out of our range. We then drove to another town and bought a Caprice there. Later followed by the sri-t,an astra g cd, an astra wagon, 2 captiva's and 2 more Caprices. The local dealer is are such ar - ses.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel your pain, I have spoken with a few other Opel owners which have the same concerns and I am yet to get any answers from GMH and I work for them. I still can't believe how poor they have done all this it is very disappointing.
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest regarding leaving Australia... 10Sept2013

http://news.drive.com.au/drive/motor...910-2ti4q.html

Opel management has confirmed its decision to leave the Australian market was taken because there seemed little prospect of the business becoming profitable.

Speaking at the Frankfurt Motor Show, board member for communications Johan Willems said a new management group, including new CEO Karl-Thomas Neumann reversed the previous team’s decision to expand into Australia as a way of saving money.

“With new management we were looking into every aspect of the business, and to be honest with Australia we couldn’t see anything positive coming out of it for a long, long time.,” he said.

“You can say when you go into a market you know it’s going to take time before you are profitable but this case was so upside down that it was better to make a break.”

At Frankfurt Mr Neumann announced Opel was planning to invest “billions: in new models and R&D including employing 350 new engineers. He also said by 2016 Opel will release 20 new models and no less than 30 new engines – none of which will be seen in Australia with Opel badges.

At the show, Opel also introduced a facelifted Insignia, a soft-roader version of the Insignia wagon called the Country Tourer, a high performance Insignia OPC, and the Monza concept design study.

Mr Willems said the decision to leave Australia was not taken lightly.

“We had a look at the business and if you want to turn things around you have to make unpopular decisions,” he said.

“I think at first nobody wanted to do this kind of thing but we couldn’t see any way it was going to work.”

Although he could not confirm or deny Holden was looking at selling niche Opel products such as OPC or Cascada convertible under its own brand, he was adamant that Holden was not instrumental in forcing Opel out of the Australian market.

“No, it was an Opel decision,” he said.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    hah... unpopular decision?

Opel have destroyed any form of integrity they have ever had with Australia. If for some miraculous reason (and i put a hard emphasis on "miraculous") that they were to ever choose to try Australia again, I highly doubt they would be welcomed with open arms. I cant see them selling many Opel cars rebadged as Holdens here in the future. Once the word gets out that they are actually an Opel car originally, people who have been affected by this (or are annoyed at the whole saga) will more than likely fall back real quick.
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Agree Adam, they burnt every bridge and then some with the exit from the country and complete lack of care for those who purchased a car.

I was 150% deadset on buying an Astra OPC, love the car to death. I still do, but the confidence in the brand is gone.

I will be jumping ship and getting rid of my Opel's soon and moving to a different brand.

It hurts but it's the hand that I have been forced to play
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yep totally agree about the OPC. Was 100% ready to buy one myself. After everything that has been happening, I was put off and ended up behind the wheel of a competitor car. Now that its getting worse, i'm more and more happy with the decision I made.

Wont stop me drooling over an OPC, but im at the age where I need to know im going to be looked after when I fork out $40+ grand of my hard earned for a new car!!
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I on the other hand only bought my Opel a few weeks ago knowing too well it was a risk. Maybe I was blind-slighted by getting a good deal compared the other vehicles I was looking at but I am confident all will be resolved.

Mind you it's not to say that deep down I am a little concern regarding the slowness in releasing information regrading warranty/service and spare parts.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe this would have to be the most poorly executed exit strategies I have seen ! Lack of support and information is disgraceful . I hope that there is some resolve soon . This way the consumers who have the product can move forward with the decision soon

Thread Information