Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PreeCilla Click here to enlarge
    I've been told that your agreed value can only be 'market value' +15% after the first year. Hence , purchase price insurance is the safety net.
    Not 100% sure on this though..
    It has to be reasonable yes, however sometimes they will insure for an agreed that is well above market if you have the car independently valued due to it being highly modified, collectable etc. For example i used to have a hotted up Gemini that was insured for $8k vs market value of $3-4k but only with an independent valuation and when that car was written off they paid up in full. You can't just say i want to insure my clapped out Datsun 120Y for $50k though and expect them to pay.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has any more information come to hand regarding warranty and parts and service support ?
    2007 HSV VXR Arden Blue
    My Other toy is a 2013 Yamaha FX SHO Waverunner!

OpelAus Forum Regular Shortstuff's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just renewed the insurance on my car which is agreed value.

They sent me a renewal notice with a new agreed value which was $1000 less than last year, and a slightly lower premium. I just put the agreed value back up and my premium ended up being about $50 less than last year.

When I started my insurance they said if you want an agreed value, it has to be between $xxx and $xxx which I think would be pretty standard procedure.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I rang Opel last week, the person that answered did not seams to care. Opel are still in negotiations with Holden over servicing and warranty, I would have thought they would have sorted that about before they announced they were leaving the country Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got the same answer yesterday and they offered to take my number and call me when they know more . I'm keen to buy an Insignia OPC but the lack of knowledge of the warranty parts and servicing aspect is bugging me about the idea . An OPC insignia would make a for a nice replacement for the HSV VXR . If anyone's interpreted in buying my vxr please feel free to contact me for more details .
    2007 HSV VXR Arden Blue

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems to be a couple of bargains on the East Coast for those searching for an Opel, W.A Dealers seem to have applied a long distance tax !
    Some more info here : http://www.carsales.com.au/news/2013...ll-opels-38319

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a talk to the Holden service guy that did my car about the Opel predicament and he assured me that Holden will be honoring all servicing and warranty issues with the sold Opels in the market (well at least in Vic anyways) - in his words "this is set in stone" - whatever that means.... another interesting little tidbit is that they are considering selling the Corsa - which I questioned whether it was a good move considering that the Barina would be direct competition with the Corsa. To which he agreed with me but the powers above think that it would attract a different segment of the small car market.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting . Wish they would come ourt with a statement soon !
    2007 HSV VXR Arden Blue

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Will send a couple of emails and see what I can find out
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This is the reply I have received

The majority of Opel dealers are operational and able service cars until September 30. As soon as we can advise further we will, however all Opel owners can rest assured that Opel Australia will meet all servicing and warranty obligations. We will be in touch will all Opel customers as soon we can with regard to future servicing options.
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Thread Information