Hybrid View

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    “And in terms of resale value, I honestly think that a used Opel in a couple of years time will be good used-car property, because the car is a German-built and -engineered premium car – particularly the OPC models, which are outstanding cars, they’re going to become very good property, they’re going to be quiet well sought after.”
    That comment seems a little bit contradictory dont we think? Considering the OPC Astra dropped $15k overnight, and the OPC Corsa by $10k, it doesnt seem to make much sense
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hazrd Click here to enlarge
    That comment seems a little bit contradictory dont we think? Considering the OPC Astra dropped $15k overnight, and the OPC Corsa by $10k, it doesnt seem to make much sense
    And that's exactly my point as well.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting that dealers are still selling them at pretty much normal brand new prices online though... advertising 'liquidation prices' but still at anything from $28990 drive away to $32k (Corsa OPC).

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DRMAT Click here to enlarge
    Interesting that dealers are still selling them at pretty much normal brand new prices online though... advertising 'liquidation prices' but still at anything from $28990 drive away to $32k (Corsa OPC).
    Couldn't Agree More. Dealers wont move much on pricing. They have been offered assistance from Opel from What one Article is saying . They wont loose out.

As for the Comment in the article retaining to to values holding up well i dont tend to believe this as once the brands gone and parts become harder to source in after 6-7 year mark i cant see them holding values from now on in. To obtain parts
    you will have to either special order them through Holden dealerships or find them overseas in the later lifes of the car.
    2007 HSV VXR Arden Blue
    My Other toy is a 2013 Yamaha FX SHO Waverunner!

OpelAus Enthusiast lonewolf1983's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    yep 2nd hand parts market will be a bit iffy, insurance premiums will also be quite high due to lack of spares and local support
    Currently: '94 honda civic w/DC2 Type-R conversion - track toy

formerly: '03 Astra Turbo, FMIC, 3" TBE, EDS IPF, quaife LSD, KW coilovers, Wilwood 6pots etc

Thread Information