Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526 LastLast
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hazrd Click here to enlarge
    That's interesting. Too bad pugs are ugly as sin
    I bought my wife the 4008 suv and I must say that its quite a nice car to drive and not bad looking at all. Some models are indeed ugly as.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    “There’s a couple in Brisbane that we’ve spoken to, had spoken to prior to the announcement – we had word that Opel was a little shaky – and then in Sydney there’s potential.........

so if it is correct that Peugeot knew before the announcement, then Opel has sort of lied in all of their communication......
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hazrd Click here to enlarge
    That's interesting. Too bad pugs are ugly as sin
    Agreed... Have you seen the 3008 baby SUV? So many in Perth at the moment.
    Click here to enlarge

EDS-IPF Re-Map, 19" OPC Snowflakes, OPC Rear Spoiler, OPC Rear Diffuser, Remus Exhaust, Irmscher Front Spoiler, Irmscher Front Grille, Irmscher Eyebrows Signum Fog Surrounds and Lower Grille, K&N Apollo Intake, Koni Yellow Adjustable Dampers, Eibach Pro-Kit, DBA 5000 Gold Rotors, M-Tech Shifter

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dutchy Click here to enlarge
    I bought my wife the 4008 suv and I must say that its quite a nice car to drive and not bad looking at all. Some models are indeed ugly as.
    Yeah this one is probably the only exception for me

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChrisMaz Click here to enlarge
    Agreed... Have you seen the 3008 baby SUV? So many in Perth at the moment.
    Looks like a small dog turd with some polish on top.
    I should stop ragging on them, its only my opinion, im sure theyre a good car though because there are so many on the road.

It would turn out good though if the former Opel dealers become pug dealers. Opel may have cowered off, but at least the staff would still be in a job, a plus for the aussie workforce !
    Last edited by hazrd; 15th August 2013 at 04:05 PM.
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well you're right, there's obviously a pretty large niche for them if they are performing so well. Maybe there's just to much money around town to really care, who knows.

The two dealers over here were owned by a conglomerate I guess you'd call it, so they are all safe, just heading back to their previous banners. The service staff however, No idea.
    Click here to enlarge

EDS-IPF Re-Map, 19" OPC Snowflakes, OPC Rear Spoiler, OPC Rear Diffuser, Remus Exhaust, Irmscher Front Spoiler, Irmscher Front Grille, Irmscher Eyebrows Signum Fog Surrounds and Lower Grille, K&N Apollo Intake, Koni Yellow Adjustable Dampers, Eibach Pro-Kit, DBA 5000 Gold Rotors, M-Tech Shifter

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yeah thats the same with my local. They run about 6 different lots in the area. Eastside i guess will just go back to trading primarily mitsubishi by the looks of it.
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dutchy Click here to enlarge
    We nearly went for a demo 407 sedan (2012) before we decided on the new Liberty for Mrs OPC1. It was gone the next week anyway, but it looked swish.
    There are only 10 types of people in the world:
    those who understand binary;
    and those who don't.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been thinking today . What if The Brand was relaunched under the Vauxhall Brand . It could help them relanch under different brand and bring the prices of the cars to a price that's competitive . As Vauxhall has always been seen to be a " cheaper" brand . It would be far cheaper to relaunch the products here could be rebadged and a steering wheel could changed changed to a vauxhall horn pad .

Food for thought

OpelAus Forum Regular Shortstuff's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they'd struggle even more if they tried the Vauxhall name. Even less brand recognition than Opel, so it would really be starting from scratch.

Also, if you think about it, why would GM want an extra competitor potentially depriving the already struggling 'local' GM product of sales? They seem to be having enough trouble keeping a single brand afloat!

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The problem with going with the Vauxhall name, is the fact too many bogans would still confuse the logo with that of Holden.

I still believe Opel went about things the wrong way. For starters, they should've used the already existing dealer network that Holden could've provided to reduce initial costs. Yeah, it might've been competing with Holden's product, but remember apart from some models of the Cruze and the Commodore, everything else Holden sells is imported. From GM's point of view, I reckon they would've seen someone that could've bought a Cruze in an Astra, rather than them going off and buying a VW or some other competing brand. Another thing, they embraced the Astra's legacy in Australia. Not a bad thing necessarily, but the problem with that is, everyone who knows what an Astra is, associates it with Holden and that in turn screams cheap to potential buyers, definitely not good when you're trying to market a "premium" or "sub-premium" product. Unfortunately, not everyone knows that in the days of Holden-badged Opels, Holden were selling these cars at a loss to remain competitive in the market. Why else do you think they dumped the Opels as soon as they could get their hands on some cheap filler product they could make a profit on?
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Thread Information