Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 LastLast
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Resolves nothing. Seems to be the running theme with any contact from them
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reads like a typical corporate response, a whole lot of nothing...
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When people ask what I'm driving and I say Opel, they say a what?

Their advertising was not the best to say the least, the thing that annoyed me was the lack of product knowledge. Not knowing what cars did and did not have was appalling. Having someone point out how to put your windows up and down rather then telling you the important things was shocking.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to know when they will announce a Firm answer for there customers. I have been looking at an Insignia OPC over the weekend. I missed out on it as i was reluctianted due to no hard answer has been given on the Aftersales Support. I dont believe The Dealership line of " Holden Dealers will be taking the responsablity over" There is still a lot to be nutted out over the comming months i believe.

Opel Australia Will still trade in the coming months i think. If the cars on the Dealerships floor plans dont move the will more then likley be sent to Auction. If this option doses happen then im assuming that Selected Holden Dealerships maybe offered to take
    stock and move it on at reduced pricing. I cant see Holden Dealerships taking it on at the current RRP . For instance a OPC Insignia sits close to a HSV Clubsport in Price. Holden dealerships are having enough troubles moving the Products they sell in there
    product range.

Nor can i see " temp" dealers being apointed as the Current dealer network are bailing out faster then the people on the Titanic !

Its a shame nothing is set in stone. I would really love an OPC Insignia but until they can give me a FIRM SOLID answer then i can not jusitfy spending 50K on a Car with no firm answer of support.

Opel's Lack of commitment in there response indicates to me that they haven't been given any direction with the next step of the process . The best chance Opel has In Australia of survial right now would be for an Importer of the likes Ateco etc to take
    the band over or if Holden was to contiune with the product as a stand alone brand but under GMH control.

Opel would need to reduce the amount of Variants sold here in Australia and price the cars at the right end of the scale for there Market.

Regardless of what people here say or think the Astra for example sits in the same Segment as the Cruze. Value for money the Cruze is attractive to buyers because it is built well. packed with Features and is on the market for a reasonable price.

Opel Is packed with Features but for a premuim price. It becomes a no brainer to the average Joe buying his $26000 Cruze for his wife and kids to run arround in against a Higher prices Opel Astra.

I am not Knocking the band in any shape or form. Holden saw where the market was heading about 5 years ago this is why they bailed out of European Built Opel Product and opted for Korean Bult Product. I remember saying this about 5 years ago
    that the Quality of the Korean Built Product would improve and the Cruze has impoved over the Viva that the Cruze Replaced. T

I hope for the Opel Customers Sake and for those like myself who are looking to possibly buy an Opel Product before the are gone there is a Definitive Answer.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dutchy Click here to enlarge
    Yes, not impressed at all so herewith the reply I received after I sent in an email to Opel regarding falling values mainly due to the fact that ultra low pricing is going on, concerns about residual stock being dumped at low prices, my own problems due to a 65% decrease in value within a 4 month period as well as dealer responses I got about trading in my car;

Dear Peter,
    Thank you for the purchase of your Opel and we appreciate your concerns in relation to depreciation and trust income/expense transactions.

After talking to our finance team, I recommend consulting your accountant to gain a further understanding regarding your personal direct or indirect tax situation.

In truth, long term residual values are an unknown quantity, and Opel Australia trusts that our commitment to the brand through continued support of our 3 year/100,000km New Vehicle Warranty, 3 year Premium Roadside Assistance and Capped Price Service Plan will assist the future vehicle residuals once the initial impact of Opel Australia’s announcement subsides.

The decision was made only very recently by Opel's Headquarters in Germany, not Opel Australia, based on the competitive nature of the Australian automotive market, and the fact that these conditions are expected to continue into the future.

There was considerations about Customers, Opel Australia staff, suppliers and Dealers, so all other possible solutions were ruled out before making the decision.

We appreciate your frustrations and disappointment regarding the closure of Opel Australia and hope this email resolves the matters you have raised.

Regards,
    A lot of resolution,comfort and closure for you is pouring out of that e-mail !

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by poita Click here to enlarge
    Mine was also, not impressed.
    Have sent my email by good old fashion 60 cents mail, now he will get it.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by kabel Click here to enlarge
    A lot of resolution,comfort and closure for you is pouring out of that e-mail !
    Yeah, nice hey; "We appreciate your frustrations and disappointment regarding the closure of Opel Australia"
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dutchy Click here to enlarge
    Have sent my email by good old fashion 60 cents mail, now he will get it.
    Am I showing my age by saying I remember when they were 35c? Click here to enlarge

Hopefully they actually read it, instead of receiving it then tossing it out Click here to enlarge
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The picture of the signage says it all really............................
    http://www.autoblog.com/2013/08/11/o...lia-dissected/

More O Rly here : http://www.caradvice.com.au/245962/o...ralia-failure/

I actually saw an Insignia Tourer on Joondalup Drive near Bunnings this morning just after 7.00am, they look good.
    Probably the last time I will see one on the roads !

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by kabel Click here to enlarge
    The picture of the signage says it all really............................
    http://www.autoblog.com/2013/08/11/o...lia-dissected/

More O Rly here : http://www.caradvice.com.au/245962/o...ralia-failure/

I actually saw an Insignia Tourer on Joondalup Drive near Bunnings this morning just after 7.00am, they look good.
    Probably the last time I will see one on the roads !
    Silver wagon? Pretty much the Only Opel I saw on the road here before the OPC's arrived.
    And I would really... Really like some Opel Signage for the garage..
    Click here to enlarge

EDS-IPF Re-Map, 19" OPC Snowflakes, OPC Rear Spoiler, OPC Rear Diffuser, Remus Exhaust, Irmscher Front Spoiler, Irmscher Front Grille, Irmscher Eyebrows Signum Fog Surrounds and Lower Grille, K&N Apollo Intake, Koni Yellow Adjustable Dampers, Eibach Pro-Kit, DBA 5000 Gold Rotors, M-Tech Shifter

Thread Information