Very true points above .
I was thinking along the lines that Vauxhall is preforming better then Opel overseas . They are actually profitable which could be because there products are more main stream . Vauxhall could ride off that back of that and compete against the the likes of the Ford Focus in Australia .

Regardless of what happens if an importer or GMH were to continue the Brand in the future they would need to resign them selves to a 5 year plan of loss in there business plan then break even from the five year mark.
The dealer network wasn't strategically place in my mind. For instance in Sydney there was no representation in the south west of Sydney nor west and western suburbs. The should have placed areas in Sydney .

Sutherland
Northern beaches
Parramatta
Penrith
Macthaur region
Hills shire region

This would have give them the 5 corners of Sydney covered . A far more diverse customer range and more brand awareness in a major capital city.

Was this in Opel plans ? It's something I guess we will never know . There seems to be some errors that stand out in my mind as to why the brand didn't get a fair chance .

It's unfortunate the Australian Market wasn't give five years . I think the brand could have the legs if give the chance and the right marketing was put behind the product . I thought when they kicked off here and saw billboards all over Sydney on Main arterial roads across Sydney that Opel would continue the solid marketing but it seem to fall off over time .

Pity because they truly had good products to offer .