Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation The problem of getting optional acessories 2013 ASTRA opc

Hi,
    I would like to pass on my recent experience purchasing a new Astra opc. Opel advertise 20inch wheels for a $1000 and upgraded headlights for a couple of grand. However if you lob into your local dealer and ask for these, well sorry unless they are fitted at the factory your outta luck. When purchasing my new opc it came with the 19s and I asked for the 20s yep no problem said the salesman. We will get permisson from Opel to put some on. Cool I said signed the papers and the purchase was done. 20s for a grand. But the very next day I get a phone call saying sorry we can't do that and if you want 20s they will cost $3300.00 AU and we will have to order them from Germany. Well I was not impressed and a lively, robust and at times heated discussion followed. The dealer offered to go to the local tyre dealership and I could pick any set of 20s I wanted and they would fit 'good' tyres for my grand ( I don't think so) or I would have to pay another $2300 and fit tyres myself. Well I can assure you I was not happy. Phone calls to Opel in Melbourne followed, no luck there, if you want these options they have to come on the car from the factory I was told. More discussions the took place with the dealer and after I threatened to go to A Current Affair or Today Tonight with this story they suddenly partically came to the party and supplied me with a factory set of 20s for a grand, the catch ? I have to fit my own tyres. Well I now have the 20s and just yesterday had tyres fitted. A bit over $2000 for a decent set of Bridgestones. So I now have the 20s on the car for a bit over $3000 and this was the best out come I could get. Not good enough Opel you should be able to supply what you advertise.
    Also when the dealership fitted the number plates to the car they didnt use the factory mounting points cause that would have made just to much sense. No they just screwed them into the bumpers as best they could. These people have manure for brains, if it wasn't for the fact that I know they couldn't paint new bumpers as good as the factory I would of made them replace them.
    I am so far loving my Arden Blue opc but the purchase experience was just appauling. I'm an Opel fan and have dealt with this in my stride but I'm sure other people would not.
    So anyway if anyone is after as new 19 inch opc wheels with just 500klms on the them let me know, got a set for sale.
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I suggest you get in contact with [email protected] in regards to this.

She has been very helpful with previous incidents.
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok Will do. I'll see what happens. But my hopes are not high.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sounds like you got one of those dodgy salesmen that will tell you anything to get you to sign the contract. The salesman I'm dealing with told me straight away that the options are factory fit only. The bumper thing that's bad going to ring my dealer today an tell them if they do that there fitting a new bumper.
    Glad your still enjoying the car after the stuff around.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Over promising and under delivering... I hate that.
    As Peter mentioned, definitely contact Melanie at Head Office, hopefully she can help you out with this situation.
    Let us know how you go. Best of luck.
    :: OpelAus Senior Moderator ::
    :: OLD: 2000 Opel Corsa B 1.4 - Old info here - 48.7kw atw
    :: OLD: 2003 Opel Corsa C SRi - Old info here - 84.8kw atw
    :: OLD: 2003 Opel Astra SRiT - 182.3kw atw
    :: Daily: 2001 E46 BMW 325Ci Coupe – 2.5L 5spd Manual
    :: Project: 1983 AE71 Toyota Corolla CS-X - not sure what to do yet... ::

www.pauljakubicki.com
    facebook.com/PaulJakubickiPhotography
    Event Photographer/Writer for SpeedNation.com.au

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    As far as I understood, they will order your car WITH the requested options from the factory. The one they wanna sell you must be in Australia already ?!
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't have paid for the car.

The issue isn't Opel, but the dealer.

They should have supplied you as promised at no additional charge, or let you walk from the contract. They can't have it both ways.

At least you got to keep/sell your 19s.

Keep your tyre invoice until it has been solved to your satisfaction.
    MY07 Golf GTI DSG
    Volvo XC60 T6
    Ex- 2003 Astra SRI Turbo

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes if the car is in Australia take it or leave it. But funny how the advertising doesn't say that.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I this dealer located in Melbourne that was telling you porkies?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I'm assuming Sydney since he's in newy (noticed it in his intro post)
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

Thread Information