Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Chrome buggy????

I've been having increasing issues with Chrome - have had to reinstall it a couple of times on my old Dell. I just picked up a new Sammy Ultrabook with Windows 8 on Wednesday - I have had to reinstall Chrome about 4 times in 3 days for my Gmail to work properly of all things (compose button stopped working, Google Talk/Hangouts not connecting or working, mail not opening, needing to log in 3 or 4 times for it to even log into gmail)

Meanwhile, firefox and internet explorer have been absolutely fine, so after about 2 years of using chrome exclusively - have gone back to Firefox. Read this article which shows I'm not alone - http://www.zdnet.com/blog/google/do-...me-behind/3636

Anyone else been having issues with Chrome?
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    No issues for me.
    Is it just Gmail giving you issues?
    Do you have any extensions installed?
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Don't have an issue with mine, have two gmail accounts open on it 24/7.

Running latest build? Windows up to date?
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by guy 27 Click here to enlarge
    No issues for me.
    Is it just Gmail giving you issues?
    Do you have any extensions installed?

All extensions disabled, and it's mainly only Gmail - which is the most important thing basically I need Chrome for - we pay for Google Apps for our store emails - so if I can't even use my work email or google drive properly theres no point.

It's a lot worse on Windows 8 than on Windows 7. It cant be the computer because anything google works perfectly fine in IE or Firefox.
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by poita Click here to enlarge
    Don't have an issue with mine, have two gmail accounts open on it 24/7.

Running latest build? Windows up to date?

Yep everything up to date.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had issues with chrome months ago really only for the forum. It's like it loaded in lines and unless a thread fell into that 'line' I couldn't click on it. If I was able to bring up a thread more often than not it would bring up the one below it, not the one I wanted. It would make the text appear normally, then small and the further down the page I got the more mixed up each line would be between normal and small text. Knew it was a chrome issue not the forum as it was fine on other browsers. Actually now that I think of it, it also did the same thing for my emails (Yahoo) where it would go funny and I couldn't click on an email as it either wouldn't bring it up or bring up the email below it.

I like you are now using firefox exclusively as I was so sick of chrome not working properly. I think I've been doing this since at least the end of last year
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Have you tried running the beta version? Usually a couple ahead of the latest public builds.

That's what I run and have no issues.

What antivirus are you running?
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by poita Click here to enlarge
    Have you tried running the beta version? Usually a couple ahead of the latest public builds.

That's what I run and have no issues.

What antivirus are you running?

Nah just running whatever the latest release for general consumption is.

Antivirus is Avast Free.

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Might not make a difference, but disable the antivirus and try it.

Have known of them to cause issues
    2013 Ford Focus ST

Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    WTF

Now Firefox is playing up doing the same things that Chrome was doing - gmail not loading properly - the forum is not loading properly either - meanwhile IE is working fine, and can browse other sites with firefox and google.

This is starting to shit me and I'm wondering if its to do with Windows 8 more than anything else. But I will try and get rid of the Avast first and see if that makes it behave.

If not will recover back to stock Win 8 - failing that, have got a spare Win 7 licence available.

Thread Information