Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rather than going for cheap coilovers, you could always go for the bilstein b8 and eibach shock combo, have them fitted on mine and love it! I also have bigger brakes on the front so as Chris said they do inspire a little confidence! O converted from 4 to 5 stud to fit them with the new wheels, if yours is 5 stud already look at getting som vxr brakes. Believe you have to have 17" wheels as a minimum lol

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by faneca Click here to enlarge
    Rather than going for cheap coilovers, you could always go for the bilstein b8 and eibach shock combo, have them fitted on mine and love it! I also have bigger brakes on the front
    O converted from 4 to 5 stud to fit them with the new wheels, if yours is 5 stud already look at getting som vxr brakes. Believe you have to have 17" wheels as a minimum lol
    If you don't mind me asking, what kind of $$$ am i looking at for that suspension combo? As to the stud pattern, i got the std 4 stud setup. much involved int the 5 stud conversion? i've got specific rims in mind.

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    b8's with eibachs is around $1k plus install and wheel alignment.

5 stud conversion requires front hubs (with brakes) and rear hubs (or full rear beam again with brakes). @faneca can go into more detail as he did the conversion.
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by guy 27 Click here to enlarge
    b8's with eibachs is around $1k plus install and wheel alignment.

5 stud conversion requires front hubs (with brakes) and rear hubs (or full rear beam again with brakes). @faneca can go into more detail as he did the conversion.
    thanks man, ya giving me plenty ideas! think the wife is gonna get the shits when i start collecting bits and pieces! LOL
    suspension is gonna take some serious thinking and saving up to sort that one. i just wanna make sure i get it right, as eventual plan is to have a tidy little tarmac terror! LOL

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you end up looking to go down the 5 stud path with massive brakes let me know!
    Click here to enlarge

Worse thing is when you want too many things at one time!

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    As Chris said, anything can be turbo charged. Mate did that with a Great Wall V-something petrol. Cost him a load of money including stand alone ecu but he ended up on the last dyno with 410 nm of torque, 126kw atw on 14.5psi of boost which is not bad considering that kind of car. Get some decent suspension, wheels and tyres. Tackle the looks with some cosmetic tweeks (ie. colorcode handles & rub strips etc..) You want to keep the car for a while and keep it reliable. Besides that, it might not be worth the money.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well like i said i'm planning handling (suspension, wheel and brakes) first, then i'll take it from there. body-wise i might leave it near standard. i actually quite like the hatch shape. also a fan of the whole grandpa-spec sleeper type of look. a mate who is into daihatsu's suggested an amr supercharger as an option. doesn't need to be an otright weapon, but a little more poke would be nice. just something to play with

Thread Information