Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by pd-xc-72464118 Click here to enlarge
    Seems somewhat unfair that Holden got funding for the Cruise whilst Ford got, what, more money for their ancient straight 6s?
    Don't forget the EcoLPi that provides better output than the regular 6 running premium unleaded with much lower emissions and running costs, as well as the Ecoboost that appears to provide slightly lower real world fuel consumption + better handling due to the lighter front end.
    2001 Star Silver Corsa C
    2003 Star Silver Astra G OPC - gone to a good home
    2004 White Grandis Luxury
    2005 Platinum 380 LX dual fuel

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    on a side note - at least Holden (or GM rather) is trying to do what it can in globalizing their cars. This car looks the beast!! I guess it would mean Aussie R&D gets a boost?? I'm sure it won't be made here thou - thoughts anyone?

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/News/Se...sie-M5-killer/

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blip Click here to enlarge
    on a side note - at least Holden (or GM rather) is trying to do what it can in globalizing their cars. This car looks the beast!! I guess it would mean Aussie R&D gets a boost?? I'm sure it won't be made here thou - thoughts anyone?

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/News/Se...sie-M5-killer/
    They have been sending cars to the UK for years now. And you are wrong, they are built here and send over, then re-badged.

Somehow or another they are actually cheaper in the UK than they are here, that's what is going to kill the Aussie car industry.
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by poita Click here to enlarge
    They have been sending cars to the UK for years now. And you are wrong, they are built here and send over, then re-badged.

Somehow or another they are actually cheaper in the UK than they are here, that's what is going to kill the Aussie car industry.
    Well that's a good thing!! (that it is built here) - at least Holden is trying to do something about manufacturing in Oz albeit I don't think its gonna be selling like hotcakes

Sorry piota I don't know much about anything Commonwhore wise

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Well they had taken 150 deposits before the pricing was even announced for the GTS

So even for a $93k Commodore they are going to sell well.
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Daaaam !!! 93k for a commonwhore - I struggle to even part with $50 for a private lappy at the cabaret club

ok back to the topic - go ford focus RS!!!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by poita Click here to enlarge

You can't conclude that directly -- you'd have to work out the difference between the pre-tax prices. It's easy to strip off LCT and GST here, but without knowing what Vauxhall pays for one wholesale, it's not easy to know how much VAT is actually being paid in Britain. I'd suspect Holden make as much margin on the manufacturing of one destined to be a Vauxhall as they do from one that will become an HSV.

Not convinced that's the case with the Chevrolet SS though, that price point is just too damn low...

Thread Information