Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by theos86 Click here to enlarge
    I have had the same problem with new Astra. Instructions on first page to turn car off, wait a few mins....it worked. A bit disappointed my Samsung s4 doesn't sync with infotainment system to stream music. For now I have to plug in via aux and control music through phone. Does anyone know how to get around this? Is there an update on the way that will enable full streaming like an ipod/iphone?
    I just plugged my phone into the USB port and turned on usb storage. It took a little while then the albums appeared on the Navi screen and I could then stream the music as well as charge the phone. This does prevent the phone from using that usb storage while coonected of course. I was reminded of that when I tried to run OziExplorer on the phone as its maps are stored on my microSD card in the phone. I'm hardly an expert as I have only had my car 2 days!

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 45Trekker Click here to enlarge
    I just plugged my phone into the USB port and turned on usb storage. It took a little while then the albums appeared on the Navi screen and I could then stream the music as well as charge the phone. This does prevent the phone from using that usb storage while coonected of course. I was reminded of that when I tried to run OziExplorer on the phone as its maps are stored on my microSD card in the phone. I'm hardly an expert as I have only had my car 2 days!
    I think he means streaming through bluetooth.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dutchy Click here to enlarge
    I think he means streaming through bluetooth.
    yes he did want Bluetooth, but he said he had to control the music through the phone, but I was able to select albums, tracks etc on the navi screen. I think he was probably just using an analog audio jack rather than the usb connection (which charges the phone too).

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're still young mate. In your young days they at least had a nav system. Click here to enlarge
    Yep, she was called 'mum' (or he was called 'dad'). After that it was metres (or "you just went past it!") and they went by many names.

Upgrade seemed to go fine, about an hour from giving to receiving keys. I chatted to them and they're still trying to see if they can keep the Nunawading Opel dealership going - word has not come through one way or the other at this stage. But it looks like all the tools and stuff are going to Holden at the end of next month (September).
    There are only 10 types of people in the world:
    those who understand binary;
    and those who don't.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    been having the same issues during the week - just rang Adelaide Opel this morning and was advised yes there is an update - however from Bosch, it appears that the card reader is made by them, dropping the car off during the week as I was told it will take around 10 - 15 min to implement.

On another topic regarding the Navi600/Navi900 - I've got a Sony Xperia Z which pairs nicely with the Bluetooth but fails to see the phonebook, but my wife's Apple iPhone works a treat though. So for a simple solution I downloaded Bluetooth Phonebook V1.1.4 from the App store - $1.59 I think....and it fixed the problem. So if anyone is having the same problem, I highly recommend it.

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Theo Click here to enlarge
    been having the same issues during the week - just rang Adelaide Opel this morning and was advised yes there is an update - however from Bosch, it appears that the card reader is made by them, dropping the car off during the week as I was told it will take around 10 - 15 min to implement.

On another topic regarding the Navi600/Navi900 - I've got a Sony Xperia Z which pairs nicely with the Bluetooth but fails to see the phonebook, but my wife's Apple iPhone works a treat though. So for a simple solution I downloaded Bluetooth Phonebook V1.1.4 from the App store - $1.59 I think....and it fixed the problem. So if anyone is having the same problem, I highly recommend it.
    that software update will fix the issue. doesnt matter where the update comes from. already suspected that there was a conflict between the sd card reader and the usb port.

as for the xperia, I am using the same phone and at first it didnt sync my addressbook. turned out that I had disabled some features in the phone to conserve battery. Once i restarted the phone with all options selected in the phone at startup, it worked well and my phonebook can be accessed through the navi900
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that software update will fix the issue. doesnt matter where the update comes from. already suspected that there was a conflict between the sd card reader and the usb port.

as for the xperia, I am using the same phone and at first it didnt sync my addressbook. turned out that I had disabled some features in the phone to conserve battery. Once i restarted the phone with all options selected in the phone at startup, it worked well and my phonebook can be accessed through the navi900
    might give it a go...what did you disable or re-enable on the Z?

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    in settings, running applications, the one that needs to be on is called "bluetoothPbapservice....." I think. I turned the phone completely off and then on again. I also made sure that "background data.." was set on (in phonebook - account settings.) but am not sure if that was actually needed. I'm not so tech with phones.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On another note dutchy....have you had success connecting the phone to the unit via usb to stream music...I'm getting a message that the device is not supported/recognized.

It just ridiculous that there is no Bluetooth streaming....

OpelAus Forum Regular caspers turbo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Theo Click here to enlarge
    On another note dutchy....have you had success connecting the phone to the unit via usb to stream music...I'm getting a message that the device is not supported/recognized.

It just ridiculous that there is no Bluetooth streaming....
    pretty sure these new models don't have the ability to stream from phones, yes a bit weird (first world problems) but then again these cars have been sold in Europe since 2011-i guess back then it wasn't a big issues-i remeber when you were lucky if the car had a cassette player, what you driving anyway Theo, @Theo
    Soon to be for sale, 2003 SRiT in silver, 160,000k's, all in all a tidy well maintained car. All reasonable offers considered.Click here to enlarge

Thread Information