Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Without a word of a lie, I was on the phone to Opel this morning and mentioning this as one of the problems that other people were having.

This may have been reported to another rep in Opel, but it's sure been reported in my file now. The USB port has become faulty and the Navi is showing that the SD Card isn't inserted. I was on the way to a client site, so my speed dial for Opel Customer Care fast became my speed dial for Opel Customer Personal Navigation Service.
    What Now?
    GONE: Deep Sky 2012 (MY13) Opel AS Astra
    GONE: Arden Blue 2013 (MY13) Opel PJ Astra GTC OPC
    SOLD: Black Sapphire 2006 (MY06.5) Holden AH Astra SRi Turbo

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had the same problem with new Astra. Instructions on first page to turn car off, wait a few mins....it worked. A bit disappointed my Samsung s4 doesn't sync with infotainment system to stream music. For now I have to plug in via aux and control music through phone. Does anyone know how to get around this? Is there an update on the way that will enable full streaming like an ipod/iphone?

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by theos86 Click here to enlarge
    I have had the same problem with new Astra. Instructions on first page to turn car off, wait a few mins....it worked. A bit disappointed my Samsung s4 doesn't sync with infotainment system to stream music. For now I have to plug in via aux and control music through phone. Does anyone know how to get around this? Is there an update on the way that will enable full streaming like an ipod/iphone?
    didnt work for everybody and it seems that there was a conflict with the usb. theres a software update available at the dealer. so make an appointment asap , while you still can, and get that free update (that update also fixes the celcius / fahrenheit issue)

cant comment on your phone.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi ,
    I have also an Opel Astra 2013 with Navi 900.
    I have it since April 2013. It is a new car.
    Last week I had the same issue for the first time. I start the car and when I open the Navi - "Navigation SD card not inserted".
    I was not able to get read of the error , while removing the card , and inserting it back. Or making different ignition cycles.
    Next morning the error was not there anymore.
    During the next day , the issue appeared again. Quite random.
    I saw that I was able to get read of the issue if I stop the car and I wait till it goes to standby mode...but it does not work all the time.
    I went to the dealer and they changed my card reader.
    This didn't help at all, I can say that it is more problematic, I get now the fault at every start.
    Now they sad that is a SW Issue and I need to wait till end of November for a new SW that will fix this issue. I don't know what I will do without NAVI. It is very hard for me without it. And for me this doesn't look like only an SW Issue. Why I did not get the fault in the first 3 months.
    It is not a professional approach telling that nothing can be done till November.

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nicolami Click here to enlarge
    Hi ,
    I have also an Opel Astra 2013 with Navi 900.
    I have it since April 2013. It is a new car.
    Last week I had the same issue for the first time. I start the car and when I open the Navi - "Navigation SD card not inserted".
    I was not able to get read of the error , while removing the card , and inserting it back. Or making different ignition cycles.
    Next morning the error was not there anymore.
    During the next day , the issue appeared again. Quite random.
    I saw that I was able to get read of the issue if I stop the car and I wait till it goes to standby mode...but it does not work all the time.
    I went to the dealer and they changed my card reader.
    This didn't help at all, I can say that it is more problematic, I get now the fault at every start.
    Now they sad that is a SW Issue and I need to wait till end of November for a new SW that will fix this issue. I don't know what I will do without NAVI. It is very hard for me without it. And for me this doesn't look like only an SW Issue. Why I did not get the fault in the first 3 months.
    It is not a professional approach telling that nothing can be done till November.
    As I said before, the new software update is already available. I had it installed 2 weeks or so ago myself and that error is now gone. Go back to your dealer and ask them to check the system about this update.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dutchy Click here to enlarge
    As I said before, the new software update is already available. I had it installed 2 weeks or so ago myself and that error is now gone. Go back to your dealer and ask them to check the system about this update.
    Hi ,
    Thank you for the fast reply.
    I have a big problem with my dealer .
    They insist that they can not do a SW update till November ...????, because they say that only then this will be fixed. I will for sure go there again but I want to get more information.

The SW that I now have is :
    NAVI_VERSION_SW N4190VM__0.2C3P03
    PROCMAP_SW_BUILD_DETAILS ir62hi on HI-Z6901,dev_build

Can you indicate the SW that you saw it fixed the issue?
    I will try to insist to have a SW update. The last that they have available.
    I saw today that if I keep the key for 5 sec on position 1 and after that I go to 2 and than 3 to start the car , the NAVI system has enough time to initialize and the fault does not appear.

Another comment , from my point of view is that this message that they display there - "Navigation SD card not inserted" is misleading and does not have anything to do with the card. To me it looks like a NAVI initialization problem cause by the init checks.
    If you have the NAVI running ok and you actually remove the SD card , than you see the message "Navigation SD card not inserted " and when you go to the NAVI setting , all setting in Config are available and you can play around. When you insert the card back the message disappears.
    If you get the fault that we talk about , than you are not able to change any NAVI Config setting during this time, all displays in Config for the NAVI are inactive.
    If I stop the car with the NAVI running and I remove the key , the next time i insert the key and I put it to position 1 , I am able to see directly teh message "Navigation is initializing " for a few seconds. - quite long
    If I make the power cycle slow 5 sec on 1 , 5 sec on 2 and start at 3 , it seems that the fault does not appear ...at least today.

I will keep you updated.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The same problem has been occurring occasionally in my Astra OPC Navi, but I'm booked in to Nunawading Opel to get the SW update tomorrow. As well as the "Navigation SD card not inserted" problem, I've also had the system boot up in miles/Farenheit mode sometimes instead of kilometres/Celcius - hopefully that will be fixed also. When I rang up, they specifically asked if it was the SD card message that I was getting - so obviously there's been a few people asking.

Takes me back to the old days when Navi says "In 300 yards, turn left". But then, you young whipper-snappers wouldn't know about that!!! Click here to enlarge
    There are only 10 types of people in the world:
    those who understand binary;
    and those who don't.

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As dutchy said, there is an update forthe navi900 system which addresses the sd card and temperature reading issues. Take the car to the dealer and have them update the system only takes around half hour I think.

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by OPC1 Click here to enlarge
    Takes me back to the old days when Navi says "In 300 yards, turn left". But then, you young whipper-snappers wouldn't know about that!!! Click here to enlarge
    You're still young mate. In your young days they at least had a nav system. Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nicolami Click here to enlarge
    Hi ,
    The SW that I now have is :
    NAVI_VERSION_SW N4190VM__0.2C3P03
    PROCMAP_SW_BUILD_DETAILS ir62hi on HI-Z6901,dev_build

Can you indicate the SW that you saw it fixed the issue?
    I will try to insist to have a SW update. The last that they have available.
    I saw today that if I keep the key for 5 sec on position 1 and after that I go to 2 and than 3 to start the car , the NAVI system has enough time to initialize and the fault does not appear.
    There is no issue with the map itself. Its in the software of the system. I had done long testing and believe that this is due to an issue between the sd card slot and the usb port. I've done all possible combinations and was not able to figure out what to do. What did work for me was to turn the ign on, pull out the sd card as well as anything into the usb, turn ign off, wait 5 minutes or so, turn ign on, put in sd card, turn ign off, put in usb stick, turn ign on and voila, all worked well (for a few days). Then I also noticed the fahrenheit in the display instead of celcius. Anyway, I just checked my SW version as you asked and mine says;
    Navi_version_sw N4190VM_1.1C1P9 so that does appear to be a newer version Since they have put this update on, did not have any problems whatsoever with the nav system or change from celcius into fahrenheit. There is another update available withing 2 weeks time but i'm not sure yet what that update is for.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    as to music files in order todd has it right , what I found with my alpine unit was to reformat the usb to ntfs , for some reason this works ( beats me why )the other thing I can do is insert a portable hard drive via the usb and it reads fine, don't know if this will help or not .
    Is the factory system by blaupunkt ? If so a mate of mine is a blaupunkt dealer , I will see him this weekend and ask if he knows if they do the same and how to fix it !

Thread Information