Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys Click here to enlarge anyone else with the same car have any oil leak problems? I had the rocker cover gasket replaced last year because of the leak but it hasn't fixed it :-/ some people have told me that the mechanics might not of put it on properly. I took it back to them and they told me it was a seal in the engine oil cap and was good for a while but then started leaking again. Anyways just wondering if anyone had a similar problem? I will be taking it back to the same mechanics soon so hopefully they get it right this time!

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It's a common problem, my bet is they used an aftermarket gasket not a genuine one.

Make sure it's a genuine item.
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rocker cover gaskets and oil cap gaskets failing are very common. I literally just came in the house from the garage, been replacing the rocker cover gasket...

As Pete said, only buy genuine, aftermarket fail a lot quicker than genuine and you will spend more money replacing aftermarket than buying genuine straight up. Autovaux is the place to contact for both... Holden will sting you $70~ for a genuine gasket but autovaux is a lot cheaper.
    OPEL ADDICT 1994 CORSA B 1.5D (ENGLAND) 2001 CORSA C 1.2L (ENGLAND) 2004 CORSA C 1.4L (SOLD) 2004 3.2 V6 VECTRA GTS (SOLD)
    1994 CORSA B GSI C16 CONVERTED TO Z18XE (SOLD) 2001 ASTRA VAN Z16SE (CURRENT)

Click here to enlarge

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It cost me $80 plus labour from ultra tune which makes me think it was genuine...but I will find out. Thanks for the help

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    yup it's definitely an issue , have had the oil cap seal done just recently & it's in today getting the rocker seal done . I got it from Courtenay, the guys doing it tell me the other mechanics I had used had just tried to seal it with silicone and had kept the old rubber seal , fantastic effort that seeing as they had charged me for a new seal , won't be going back to that muppet again!!

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    On oil changes use 10w 40 will help blow by and leaks. Check all visible bolts and nip them up will help
    Arden Blue VXR- EDS 335PS 480NM
    Now
    VW Golf R MK6 Stage 2+

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had leaks from the sump gasket and oil sensor (just above the sump on the front side of on the engine ). As others have mentioned very important to only use genuine gaskets, get them yourself.

Do not trust assume others will do the right thing...

Thread Information