Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make sure you're comitted if you're switching to Kogan mobile. A colleague of mine has been waiting 2 weeks to get her number ported.
    She's getting the Ombudsman on to it now.

Personally I'm with Telstra, rolled in the Foxtel + cable internet. It's ok, I mean at some point in your customer lifecycle you will have difficulty with your provider.
    I've worked for different Telco's and been a customer of different Telco's - just seems to be part of the experience.
    Telco + Banking are a right PITA but you can't live without them.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im with telstra. i was with vodafail before on the 45 infinite. it was a good plan but i needed more coverage and was getting pretty fed up with the drop outs. now im paying almost double that but imo its 100% worth it. havent had a drop out. always have internet connection and theres 4g rolling out into most suburbs now. im using the lumia 920 which i am very happy with. but IMO if you barely use your phone and stay mainly near the CBD, voodafone should be sufficient. i cant comment to much on optus but from my friends who have it they seem pretty happy with it. my understanding of optus is that its somewhat of a middleground between Telstra and voda.
    you can live in a car but cant race a house

Current: 1979 Chrysler Lancer Hatch & 2007 Holden ve Commodore SSV
    past: 2002 SRi Astra & 1985 Holden vk Berlina

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm with Optus 4G on my xperia z, perfect for reception and speed so far

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JohnBu Click here to enlarge
    Nothing wrong with Telstra's 'old' 3G.

Better coverage than Optus and Vodafone.

While telstra 4g would be nice, telstra 3G is very fast anyway, well fast enough for a mobile phone.

Who really needs the extra download speed for a phone?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

While I agree with you some of the way John, when i use the net on my phone i want quick results and it f**ks me off no end when i see Adam jump on his 4G S2 and get everything real quick and here I am still loading my page or have to keep waiting for a video or the like to load. Usually you want the info fast right ?! Im on Optus so this may be part of the reason. As for Telstra's old 3G, it is apparently very patchy, doesnt offer the full 3G speeds it suggests and it wouldnt be as well maintained as say the new 3G/4G. im not speaking from experience but am hearing and reading about it everywhere. when my contract is up, il probabaly make the switch to telstra aswell.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never had any speed issues with Telstra 3G, websites load up quickly and I get good reception nearly everywhere.

I think your issues is with Optus 3G, rather that the speed limit of 3G.

I was with Optus and Telstra 3G is infinitely better.

MY07 Golf GTI DSG
    Volvo XC60 T6
    Ex- 2003 Astra SRI Turbo

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What are they doing differently then ? The signal is there maybe a heap more connections slowing things down ? Grrr Optus

Younge
    I thought i would give you feedback on my recent experience with Optus!!
    So after a very wet Future music festival my black light on my phone had decided to stop working so i did the right thing of phoning customer service and getting proof of purchase to take to "ANY" optus shop so i can send it for repair and get a loan phone in the mean time.

I visited 4 different optus shops and not one had a loan phone, in fact their answer to me not having a phone for up to 2 weeks was credit on my account. Customer service promised me a loan phone and when i couldn't get one because no shops stocked them i was a little annoyed. I sent my phone of for repair and phoned customer service back to complain about this run around and ask them to credit my account because I'm without a phone and paying for a service I'm not getting. customer service gave me the run around and even put the phone down on me twice. (I was very professional to them as i know kicking and screaming doesn't work! the people on the other end of the phone are just doing their job)

At this point two weeks had past and i haven't heard anything. Phoned them one more time and to my surprise they lost my phone and needed some time to investigate! I went straight to complaints and they didn't get back in touch with me for another 48 hours. When complaints contacted me i had so much frustration built up at the poor service from Optus i just wanted to cancel my contract.

The young lady on the phone offered me an early upgrade to an IPHONE i didn't want. So 3 and a half weeks go past and my phone is found and sent back from repair. When i put the phone in my hand i notice the pixels are dead and they haven't done their job probably! Of course the people in the shop where useless and tried to say the phone can't be sent back as i've upgraded early! I went back to complaints and got my way and the phone was sent away for another 2 weeks to be repaired.

So in total i've spent a good 5-6 weeks without the original phone and paying for a service i wasn't getting. I had enough and told Optus to have the iphone back as i'm leaving. This isn't how anyone should be treated.
    I was paying more money for an IPHONE i didn't want and had to sign another 24 month contract. I offered to give the iphone back as i didn't want it and they offered me another early upgrade to the new HTC one (which i did want).

I've pre ordered the HTC one and it should be coming next week.

The moral of this story.... I now have my original phone and iphone for sale and can make a little profit from this adventure. Optus has been amazing until i had to deal with them. Kinda says it all.

I hope you enjoyed the read! Maybe when your phone breaks you can ring straight through to complaints and make sure they have a loan phone!

I would like to add the Iphone 5 battery SUCKS!! really bad.. i can watch it decrease. (yes i have the most recent updates)

4G on Telstra is pretty quick though.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Optus customer service has always been pretty sketchy.

Telstra is a bit better, but I wouldn't call it good.

Any Optus store can find your purchase details, so you don't need a receipt.

I can't comment on the loan phone, I've always a spare old one laying around.

Last time my phone with Optus had an issue, I just took it to the authorised service agent.

My wife has no issues with battery life with the iPhone 5.

What phone was your faulty one?

Best thing about an iPhone is the warranty. Apple will swap one over instantly if found to be faulty, even when it's not faulty they will replace it to appease you.

MY07 Golf GTI DSG
    Volvo XC60 T6
    Ex- 2003 Astra SRI Turbo

Younge
    I had the HTC one x which i really enjoyed for every day use.
    I had a spare htc desire which i was using in the mean time but refused to just be walked over because "most" people have a spare phone.

The iphone 5 battery lasts for a day if 4g is turned off. but the whole point of a 4g phone is to use 4g Click here to enlarge

Thread Information