Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Notice to clubcalibra.org members

Firstly, before I go into the finer details I would like to say thank you to those who have contacted me in a civil manner. I have explained the situation to those few.

To the people who have abused me, harassed me and accused me of deleting the site with no warning; it was not appreciated.

The forum has been having several issues over the last few months.
    These have ranged from new sign ups not working, avatars not loading, forum loading times slow and many more.
    During the time I have done several updates to key components, uploaded new forum software and even wiped the forum structure to start from scratch, to no avail.

During the Easter weekend several files were corrupted or deleted.
    My suspicions of the forum being hacked have not been confirmed, but to the best of my knowledge this is what has occured.
    I have made several attempts to correct what has been done, but the files that are missing/corrupted cannot be repaired or replaced to 'magically fix' the forum.
    To say I am devastated is an understatement.

I have been around the Australian Calibra scene for many years.
    During that time, I have seen the group go through 3 forums and about 4 owners (from memory).
    I have seen numbers boom, members go from strength to strength. I have also seen the group almost die out.

Sadly things can't last forever.

I sacrificed time away from my family over Easter to try and fix the forum, but was unsuccessful.
    I have managed to save some data, but I am not sure if I will be able to use it.
    As you have noticed, for now, the forum has been redirected to opelaus.com
    I purely put this in so the domain I pay for out of my own pocket isn't going to waste.
    For now this redirect will stay in place until I can sort out what will happen.

That's all I have for now, if you wish to contact me please email me at poita18 (@) gmail (.) com.
    If you are going to abuse or accuse me, your mail will be deleted and not responded to. Your account on Opelaus (if you so choose to sign up) will be flagged for the Admin team. Any abuse directed to myself or other members about this issue on Opelaus will be dealt with swiftly and harshly.

I apologise for not notifying everyone earlier, but as I am sure everyone can appreciate - the forums do have to take a back seat to real life every now and then - especially during the holidays.

I will update this over the next week or so with more details.

Regards Peter
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    Last edited by poita; 7th April 2013 at 10:13 PM.
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Participant calibra_lad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    all good mate.
    thank you for keeping the .org forum active for past years, as my car would still be the way it was 11 years ago when purchased, its just a shame about all the cali info Click here to enlarge
    on the upside, its probably better to have everyone in one place with hopes there is more motivation to plan regular meets within state to state and possibly a once a year national opel event in the near future Click here to enlarge hahaha
    cheers mate

I'm new here, please be nice DAWN's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am here guys.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DAWN Click here to enlarge
    I am here guys.
    welcome across dawn. havent seen you for a while mate
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, I left Melbourne about 3 years ago. haven't seen anyone after that Albert Park meet in Vic.

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DAWN Click here to enlarge
    Yep, I left Melbourne about 3 years ago. haven't seen anyone after that Albert Park meet in Vic.
    Lies. you caught up with us qld folk on your way to Darwin.
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge
    Not all of us can be in two states so frequently like you guy Click here to enlarge
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

OpelAus Participant EddeyDancer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Such a shame... No worries Amigo...
    'The Ghost' V6 - Calibra with Style

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by guy 27 Click here to enlarge
    Lies. you caught up with us qld folk on your way to Darwin.
    Yes i did :-) That was a good one too at Mt Cootha

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shame about .org, All that lost info, but what can you do.

That will be the 2nd aussie cali site to disappear over years of my cali ownership :-( Maybe i need to change deodorants or something!!!

Thanks for your time and effort Poita, muchly appreciated :-)
    Go with the flow

Thread Information