Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, the hatch gets really really dirty quickly whenever there is rain.

Anonymous
    is it only me?,
    i can drive down the freeway doing 110k's raining and the water just beads off the front window so i dont need wipers on, i ve never added rain x or anything

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No.. I get that too.. but I find Rain X last 2 hrs with constant raining on the freeway and then a film starts forming.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My rear wiper is is there to spoil the looks only, I reckon. I find RainX is great for the front windscreen, but seems (I partly agree with Smelly) to lack something on the back glass. I think the aerodynamics causes all the road grime to be dumped on the back window, rendering RainX and the wiper pretty well useless. I don't have a problem with dew on the back window, so don't even have to use the wiper for that. More a nuisance than anything when it comes time for washing the car. Guess it's another one of those Euro (trash) ideas that every carmaker feels they must have these days. I put it right up there with the "ice" setting on the automatics . . . not something that too many Aussies would use every day!
    But, on the subject of wipers . . . who can recommend a decent brand of wiper blade for the front? I'm sick of buying "the latest, greatest, space technology silicon" only to find that they still only wipe on the up stroke, leaving a smear on the return; or chatter, squeal, etc. There's got to be something that does what it is supposed to do!
    Ian

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting topic!!!

I actually use my rear wiper but only in wet night driving. I like to be able to see out of my windows clearly - don't like anything blocking my vision. But I also think this is out of habit. I use to drive a 91 corolla hatch and you had to use your wipers when ever it rained.
    daastra

OpelAus Forum Regular 01CDsedan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imay: Don't buy the latest, greatest, space age silicon - they suck. Get natural rubber.
    Currently: no Opels
    Formerly: 2001 Astra CD sedan, 2003 Vectra CDX

Thread Information