Currently using an iPhone 4S but thinking about selling it to buy a 920. I love the whole Apple/iOS ecosystem (I have an iPad and MBP) but i'm getting pretty sick of the tiny screen and using the same basic layout icons for like 3 years straight.

The lumia is an amazing piece of technology in terms of hardware and physical build, but I'm worried that the lack of support equipment/slow porting of apps etc will get to me (I had that problem with my SGS2 - although the 6-8 hour battery life was the real deal breaker for me there).

Any comments?

My basic logic is this:
1. Want new phone because iPhone 4s is small/kind of tired of ios layout (my phone is jailbroken but themes kill the ram or cause FCs frequently)
2. iPhone 5 is obviously a great phone with heaps and heaps of aftermarket equipment available, but would basically just be buying the same phone with a 0.5" increase in screen size
3. Lumia 920 is perhaps the best-equipped smartphone available (apart from galaxy note II) and I love everything about it apart from the lack of apps available, particularly instagram and tapatalk, but hopeful that the WP8 app store will increase in size as quickly as android market
Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!