Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lumia 920

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lumia 920

Currently using an iPhone 4S but thinking about selling it to buy a 920. I love the whole Apple/iOS ecosystem (I have an iPad and MBP) but i'm getting pretty sick of the tiny screen and using the same basic layout icons for like 3 years straight.

The lumia is an amazing piece of technology in terms of hardware and physical build, but I'm worried that the lack of support equipment/slow porting of apps etc will get to me (I had that problem with my SGS2 - although the 6-8 hour battery life was the real deal breaker for me there).

Any comments?

My basic logic is this:
    1. Want new phone because iPhone 4s is small/kind of tired of ios layout (my phone is jailbroken but themes kill the ram or cause FCs frequently)
    2. iPhone 5 is obviously a great phone with heaps and heaps of aftermarket equipment available, but would basically just be buying the same phone with a 0.5" increase in screen size
    3. Lumia 920 is perhaps the best-equipped smartphone available (apart from galaxy note II) and I love everything about it apart from the lack of apps available, particularly instagram and tapatalk, but hopeful that the WP8 app store will increase in size as quickly as android market
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    A few of the guys here have SGS3's and are getting great battery life out of them.

I have used the windows phone software a little and tbh didn't like it.

Having a MBP and iPad maybe stick with the iPhone. As all that shit just seems to work together. I haven't looked into how well WP8 works with the MBP
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lumia 920

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by poita Click here to enlarge
    A few of the guys here have SGS3's and are getting great battery life out of them.

I have used the windows phone software a little and tbh didn't like it.

Having a MBP and iPad maybe stick with the iPhone. As all that shit just seems to work together. I haven't looked into how well WP8 works with the MBP
    I've had 2 android phone but I can't say I really like them - if you use them how android intended (widgets, syncing on, live wallpapers etc) they are extremely prone to force closes and suffer terrible battery drain. I also hate the plasticky feel of most Samsung devices. I am absolutely smitten with the 920 and would really like a change from ios for a while.

I have a windows partition on my MBP which I use pretty frequently so it's not like it would be the sole windows device in my possession.

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dunno how Windows Mobile 8 is, but the inlaws both have Samsung Omnia's with Windows Mobile 7 on them - its OK, but the OS feels really locked down for some reason, probably even more so than an unbroken iOS.
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Lumia 920

I'm waiting for this phone to come out. I have a transformer prime for my android needs so I just want a phone thats got long lasting battery and a good camera.

I'm a bit worried that its only dual core but if it saves battery then its worth it in my opinion.

Plus looking forward to trying out the smart shoot :P
    Silver 03 SRi T -derestricted 2.2 airbox;total closure;ECU remap (EDS Stage 2 - 260 ps);breather box;Angel Eyes;Veccy Intake Scoop;FMIC;Inlet Cam;3"TBE;82 degrees thermostat;VXR Turbo;short shift;Team HEKO Wind Deflectors;Eibach Pro Kit;Whiteline RARB;Slotted Rotors with RDA Extreme Pads

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lumia 920

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 03srit Click here to enlarge
    I'm waiting for this phone to come out. I have a transformer prime for my android needs so I just want a phone thats got long lasting battery and a good camera.

I'm a bit worried that its only dual core but if it saves battery then its worth it in my opinion.

Plus looking forward to trying out the smart shoot :P
    This is kind of my way of thinking as well - already have the iPad for all my retina apps and jailbreaking needs, and I basically only use about 8-10 apps regularly of which most are on the windows market.

If I got too fed up with the lack of app support for windows and needed something more portable than an iPad, then I'd probably buy and carry around a new iPod touch in my car or something.

Also, the simple layout of the tiles etc means there is no lag when coupled with some nokia-specific technology (it's not pure view but something along the lines of that which means the phone always runs at 60 fps minimum). And agreed that dual core with longer battery (2000mah in this case) > slightly faster processor with terrible battery life (a la Samsung galaxy series)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeh i was also considering this phone. i had the n8 was a pretty good phone overall. didnt cause me much trouble but i broke it 2 months back. i never really played many games on my phone just the main ones like angry birds etc. my main use of my phone was photos, music, calling and facebook. the bloke at telstra tried to make me order one at the start of the month but i want to physicaly try it out before i buy one

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RE: Lumia 920

I'm posting this now on a Nokia Lumia 920. I'll give it a few days and try to make a review.
    Sent from my RM-821_apac_australia_new_zealand_218 using Board Express
    Silver 03 SRi T -derestricted 2.2 airbox;total closure;ECU remap (EDS Stage 2 - 260 ps);breather box;Angel Eyes;Veccy Intake Scoop;FMIC;Inlet Cam;3"TBE;82 degrees thermostat;VXR Turbo;short shift;Team HEKO Wind Deflectors;Eibach Pro Kit;Whiteline RARB;Slotted Rotors with RDA Extreme Pads

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lumia 920

How's board express?

My top used non-native apps are:
    Tapatalk
    Instagram
    Facebook
    eBay

Need all these on wp8 before I'll get a 920

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im keen to see what you think of the 920. Im still tossing up between that and the samsung ativ S. I love nokia but I need more than 32gb. Speaking of which, how much free storage does it actually have after OS and other apps+ maps?

Thread Information