Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tablet's

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tablet's

I never thought I would ever want one but after using my sisters Ipad 2 for a little while I really want a tablet.

For anyone that has one, What are you using , How much was it, Basic details small write up about it.

I would prefer Android as the O.S too, No need for 3g/4g - Will only ever be used on Wi-Fi at home - Maybe a usb port that supported flash drive storage too?
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tablet's

I personally just purchased a ipad 2...
    Paid 350 for it and love it. I use it for helping my clients with my PT business, I sync it with my iPhone for the web and emails.
    Battery life is tops and most of my apps went into it.
    I haven't used a android version but I'm sure it's much of a muchness...
    "treading on the throttle pedal gives you some idea of what it might be like to blow yourself up"
    hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia: fear of long words...
    2003 Astra G Sri-T (very blaack)

Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Tablet's

If you want android then the Asus Transformer series was the pick a while ago.

I've got the Asus Transformer Prime and an iPad2 and I have to say I use the iPad a lot more.

I don't really use the Asus at all anymore. I haven't even picked it up for 2-3 months Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by gman; 20th October 2012 at 08:31 PM.
    Epsilon Renntech
    2003 Astra SRi-T - The Phantom
    EMTRON ECU
    Borg Warner EFR7163 & EFR9180
    Tuned by Scott @ Insight Motorsports

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After reading many reviews they all pretty much agree that the Ipad 2 is still one of the best tablets available.

Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Tablet's

It's the software that makes it the pick. It just sort of works. I don't know how else to it it. Click here to enlarge
    Epsilon Renntech
    2003 Astra SRi-T - The Phantom
    EMTRON ECU
    Borg Warner EFR7163 & EFR9180
    Tuned by Scott @ Insight Motorsports

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tablet's

Yeh that's one way to put it... It just works... :-)
    "treading on the throttle pedal gives you some idea of what it might be like to blow yourself up"
    hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia: fear of long words...
    2003 Astra G Sri-T (very blaack)

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Tablet's

I have an Asus transformer 16gb wifi. Running android 4.0 runs fine. Wifi range is excellent. Screen is good, retina display on iPad 3 is better. Very good battery life of around 8 hours with normal use. Syncs across my Google accounts with no issues.

Wife has an iPad 3 (and before anyone asks - I got it for free). It does not just work. Its crap. Any kind of business apps for free for it are rubbish. Yes you can pay for better ones but when I can get them free on Android play store, why should I pay for them on apple? Wife uses Gmail for her personal account, and we have business Google apps for work. The native mail program could not handle either account correctly. The apple Gmail app is not much better. The only thing good about it is the display, the battery life, and it runs Dora the explorer games for the kids on it well.
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

OpelAus Participant daves_cally's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tablet's

I've got an ipad3 and its great! Amongst other things i use it for uni where I can hand write/annotate on lecture notes and then they sync with Dropbox back to home pc. Also use tapatalk, reminders, mail, facebook and general web browsing frequently. I could (but wouldn't) use it for typing up whole documents, but i hate long typing on tablets in general. Battery life is really good and it's just easy to setup and use. Never have to plug it in to anything to sync, which was a big thing for me and a big win when contrasted with my android phone which is a PITA
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...e-s-92-Calibra
    http://www.clubcalibra.org/forum2/in...p?topic=4271.0
    Dear Cali, WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME WHEN I SHOW YOU NOTHING BUT LOVE!!

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Tablet's

I have a Toshiba AT100 (aka Thrive) with the nVidia Tegra 2 CPU, currently running ICS through a rooted ROM. It runs perfectly and even if the failpad has better screens and what not, you couldn't pay me enough money to switch. Especially as I can do pretty much the same and more on an Android tablet and not pay the premium for something that may only be marginally better at best. Honeycomb on tablets was a shamble, but since ICS and now Jelly Bean are starting to appear on tablets, Android is really starting to get better in this form factor.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tablet's

I'm looking for a cheap tablet for my kids.... My wife is sick of losing her laptop the 5yr old and out iPad won't run the learning games they use for school

Thread Information