Hi all,

As you may or may not know I live in the sticks and have issues with getting internet.

I am too far away to my closest exchange to get ADSL. I am currently using Internode 3G for my internet at a cost of $59.95pm for 12GB.

This is the kind of speed I have been getting:

Click here to enlarge

I have looked at Telstra for mobile broadband, but I don't like the idea of paying $109.95 for only 15GB and without knowing what kind of speeds I will get.

As I can get Telstra next G in my area I am not eligible for the NBN's subsidised satellite program as per the following requirements:

Click here to enlarge

One thing I have come across is a fixed wireless broadband connection, this is available in my area. Has anyone had any experience with this type of connection?

This is the going rate through Clear Broadband:

Click here to enlarge

Have I forgotten other types of broadband? Would fixed wireless broadband the way to go? If so what plan?

Basically I'm looking at getting all the info I can before I approach the CFO of the household.
Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!