Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thomson TG782T Bigpond wireless router

Anyone have any tips on making the DHCP server on this POS more reliable.

When I left it on full automatic mode, it would decide to make some addresses static and not others.

You cannot change the lease time to be more than 24 hours other than to make it permanent.

Even though the leases are for 24 hours, it will still give out the same IP address to different devices.

MAC's seem to be spoofed automatically and for no reason - found 3 instances of the one laptop in the device section.

When you make the addresses permanent, if an item goes into hibernation - when it wakes back up again, it won't connect properly, which means you need to restart the router to make everything work.

Ready to just go and buy a wireless router and just use this as a modem........
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Re: Thomson TG782T Bigpond wireless router

I have a feeling this might be telstra related mate

For the last week my Netgear CG3100 (also a bigpond supplied router) has been acting up the same as your TG782T and when I check the log it says that the DHCP release failed, forcing me to do it manually for 6 devices
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hmmmm, so do we wait and see whether it just gets sorted out?

It is a horrible bit of equipment. Even my old netcomm adsl router from 2004 is a hell of a lot more reliable than the Thomson.
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think its the fact that telstra have ****ed around with it and made it worse

This is my second one. Ill give it another couple days then call and report how shit it is. Ill just go buy my own if the next one Shits itself. Although decent cable routers are hard to come by
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I wonder if its possible to reflash it with standard firmware rather than the telstra crap.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Probably could. It might be on WP somewhere. Problem with mine is they disabled the USB media function which Shits me a bit

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Just touching back on this one p2...

Telstra came out and surprisingly, it was the plugs at the end of the fibre cable were rooted. After changing them it's been running perfect for the last 2 weeks
    Last edited by hazrd; 29th October 2012 at 07:33 PM.

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fibre cable???

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Brain fart

The connection points between the modem and wall

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've changed those cables several times, not sure how that would affect the stupid DHCP on this thing though..... *confused*

Thread Information