OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello Folks - Melbourne SXi driver

Hey Folks

been a member here for a bit now but never formally introduced myself.. so HELLO ALL. Bought an Astra TS back in March and so far its been running like a dream (knock on wood).

Its kinda funny as before I bought the car I was researching the www about Astras and this forum was always one of the few that came up on google with positive comments on the car. There were other websites with people whinging about how bad Astras were and how expensive parts were but in the end I thought well they were one of the best selling hatches back in the day and there are so many on the road that there would be more than ample spares in wreckers etc. This fact as well as my budget led me to the SXi I own now - oh yea also the car had only done 85k when I bought it.

So far Ive had the timing belt and water pump done (following this forums advice) and did the oil and sparks myself. Apart from a slight tappetty tappetty at cold start (which disappears after 3-5mins) it seems to run quite well. I may take it into my mechanic to check on the tapping as soon as i give it a once over with the Nulon Valve flush and change the oil to a 15-40. I wanna see if the tapping still happens.

Well thank you folks for all your knowledge and advice so far. If it wasn't for this website I would still be driving my crappy old Magna - hopefully you will see a lot more of my Astra as more bits and pieces get done to it. I am up for meeting any of the Melb guys and have a look at what a real astra should look and sound like as well as pick your guys brains about astra related things - Pics of the car up later folks
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Hello Folks - Melbourne SXi driver

Welcome to the forum Click here to enlarge great to know we have helped out.
    What plans have you got for your SXi?

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Welcome to OA
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by faneca Click here to enlarge
    Welcome to the forum Click here to enlarge great to know we have helped out.
    What plans have you got for your SXi?
    this is a pic when I first got the car - it was taken for my insurance company - idk why but they wanted a pic of my car - probably to check whether i had done any mods to the car or something, I never knew why they wanted pics of the car

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

This is after i got insurance

Click here to enlarge

and bought some Momo rims for it

Click here to enlarge

opelised the back

Click here to enlarge

sorry about the crappy pics guys - my camera on the phone gets a bit wobbly but yea as you can see I got a GAP problem now. So the next move would be to lower it.

Already done the airbox, the bigger air intake pipe as well as small things like the door pins, speedo and heater rings, leather gaiters, opelised the back, honeycomb grill on the front, foliatec aerial. just got a new Sony CD unit - just gotta get the right plugs for it so the steering wheel volume controls work before I start pulling the old blaupunkt out

Also got a strut brace but have not been arsed putting it in yet. Pulling apart the relay and fuses and drilling into the car is not something I want to think about at the moment. Maybe when the car gets lowered I will go there.

OpelAus Forum Hierarchy Nurb608's Avatar
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Hello Folks - Melbourne SXi driver

Welcome to the site mate, glad it's been helpful.
    Track Times: Phillip Island - 1:59.4027, Calder Park - 1:08.8142, Winton 3km - 1:40.7810, Sandown - 1:29.6000, Haunted Hills - 62.55, 1/4 Mile - 13.736

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome mate! She looks great!

Thread Information