View Poll Results: Which car should I get?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • VW Scirocco R

10 32.26%
  • VW Golf R

9 29.03%
  • Honda Civic Type R FN2

2 6.45%
  • Hyundai Veloster Turbo

2 6.45%
  • Mazda 3 MPS

3 9.68%
  • WRX STi Hatch

4 12.90%
  • Mini Cooper JCW

1 3.23%
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    VW Golf R - Neeko test drove one and loved it very sharp and responsive handling and suspension, stock for stock rated it higher than his 2011 WRX
    VW Scirocco R - Great engine but i would take the Golf R as its AWD
    Civic - Only if you interested in high reving screaming engines
    Veloster Turbo - Very little head room, in your face styling i like it. Alot less power than your used it.
    MPS 3 - Great all round package, factory LSD, makes big power factory and very quick in gear.
    WRX Sti - Excellent car over kill for a daily drive more suited to a track to take full advantage of it power/handling and AWD.
    Mini Cooper JCW - Only ever passengered in a cooper S and it was very fun but i have heard some horror stories about the engines.

If money wasnt an issues my pick would be the Golf R, but best all rounder and can be picked up fairly cheap would be the current gen of Mazda 3 MPS

EDIT: Test drive a 2012 WRX, just with a tune and intake they are a very quick car. Interior isnt what id call flash tho, but then you buy a wrx for the driving experience.
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    golf, mps or wxr would be my pick of that bunch. wouldn't even bother looking at the others.
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Soft spot for anything MPS. So the 3 is my pick. Although I've never driven a new WRX
    Click here to enlarge

EDS-IPF Re-Map, 19" OPC Snowflakes, OPC Rear Spoiler, OPC Rear Diffuser, Remus Exhaust, Irmscher Front Spoiler, Irmscher Front Grille, Irmscher Eyebrows Signum Fog Surrounds and Lower Grille, K&N Apollo Intake, Koni Yellow Adjustable Dampers, Eibach Pro-Kit, DBA 5000 Gold Rotors, M-Tech Shifter

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    VW Scirocco R and then Golf R. I prefer the Scirocco to the Golf as it has some presence about it, particularly when lowered. The Golf R, IMO, looks too much like any other Golf.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pity you can't handle the steering wheel (it's not bad) otherwise the RS250 for sure..

Next preferred is the Scirocco R, then Golf R...

Don't get a DSG.. takes away quite a bit of driving enjoyment.

Don't get the Sat Nav, VW overcharges, you can retrofit an OEM one for around $1,000.

If specs for the money is a consideration, the JCW shouldn't be on that list!!!

Anyway, best thing to do is drive the cars and see what you prefer.
    MY07 Golf GTI DSG
    Volvo XC60 T6
    Ex- 2003 Astra SRI Turbo

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 (
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hazrd Click here to enlarge
    Golf R
    Nothing else)

Sorry im biased Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Forum Regular dizzydumb's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JohnBu Click here to enlarge
    Pity you can't handle the steering wheel (it's not bad) otherwise the RS250 for sure..

Next preferred is the Scirocco R, then Golf R...

Don't get a DSG.. takes away quite a bit of driving enjoyment.

Don't get the Sat Nav, VW overcharges, you can retrofit an OEM one for around $1,000.

If specs for the money is a consideration, the JCW shouldn't be on that list!!!

Anyway, best thing to do is drive the cars and see what you prefer.
    Drove em all, loved the feel, uniqueness and the attention of the rocco. Golf is too common, despite its AWD advantage. JCW is an absolute hoot! Feels like a gokart, but can't live with the speedo being the the middle...
    Didn't drive the Megane, but it being Motor mag car of the year should clarify enough about that car, plus it killed the rocco and focus rs on fifth gear's review.

Oh yeah, $2500 for a sat nav is overkill alright. The worst option on VW's list is the moonroof which can't even open up lol only tilt to allow air in.
    __________________________________________________ _
    V-Tec = A sophisticated-sounding, conniving way of saying that your car only makes power at 8000rpm
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by guy 27 Click here to enlarge
    golf, mps or wxr would be my pick of that bunch. wouldn't even bother looking at the others.
    If I buy the MPS, 1st thing i'd do is to replace the front bumper. That smiley face would get to me at some stage lol.
    WRX will beat MPS on outright pace and handling, but it's worlds apart from the MPS in terms of interior feel & class.
    V-Tec = A sophisticated-sounding, conniving way of saying that your car only makes power at 8000rpm
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Silver Surfer Click here to enlarge
    Thanks mate, but with that kinda money for 5kW/20Nm more, losing two seats all just for tracking, I'd be getting a lotus elise lol.
    Nevertheless, these little buggers turn corners like no tomorrow. I remember when my mate took me in his bog standard cooper S, took a 90deg bend at 70-80kph without braking. I thought we were gonna roll to death!
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information