Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    OpelAus Forum Regular Shortstuff's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pressure washed mine today. I always try to stay away from the spark plugs/coil pack area though, and just give it a blow over with an air gun afterwards. Oh, and I wrap my alarm siren with a plastic bag!

In the future, in the past, somewhere ......
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't drench it, just using mist to lightly hose off the grease. Had the engine running too. But it was enough to burn out coil pack Cyl No.3 (could smell the burnt plug).

Click here to enlarge
    "oooh Simon gets a turbo, this could be dangerous!" Mr Cali
    13 Opel Astra Select 1.6 [Mrs] |13 Golf GTi [Speedster] | 81 DMC [Cruiser] | 79 Lancia Beta Spyder [Resto]

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ouch...Simon electricity and water do not mix LOL.

If anyone is going to put water in their engine bay and then start it up or leave it running your asking for trouble of this type, sometimes you get lucky and nothing happens, but even much older cars and their engines suffered the same fate...

The way to do it is to dry clean when engine is cold, it is harder and takes alot longer but if you must water clean/hose degrease the engine, do it after a run or sometime idling where engine temp is up but not too hot so that you have some drying effect when finished and engine must be turned off, only re-start when evreything is dried up...

I actually do it this way and have also always dried it all up as completely as possible with old cloths Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information