Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I completely agree with the GTC ride height being rather high... Sure its only an entry level sports model, but I thought it would be a fair bit lower and the wheel arch openings filled. (They are massive wheel arches though, probably get some 22" rims under there.)

I only got to drive the 1.4GTC and it really didn't interest me. Just not enough poke, although the handling was excellent. Hopefully get into a 1.6GTC tomorrow or Friday in which the Sales manager assured me that the 30KW increase makes a huge difference. The interior is a nice place to be and the lighting below the gear stick and door handles are a very good look. The brushed aluminium looks very good, but there is still some bad looking hard plastic used for the centre cup holder/tray. (Wheres the arm rest?!) Forgot to play with the stereo during my test drive. The Gearbox is silky smooth and the clutch has a rather middle of the range bite point, which is very easy to drive. All round, an O.K package thats let down by those massive front wheel arches and low power.

The Corsa... Boring. Zero road presence (Only had them in white with steel rims) Didn't bother driving it. Interior is very last generation even compared to a base corolla. However... It does come with a fair bit of Kit that a lot of entry level cars these days still don't have. Electric windows, mirrors, climate control etc. I'm sure the price of these will sell well to the older generation that are willing to get rid of their Getz shopping carts.

Insignia Select. Wow. What a great looking car. Even the wagon has a good look to it. The view of the rear is simply amazing. The boot contour really makes it stand out, although the exhaust outlets seem like bit of an after thought. Interior wise, the select is top notch. Leather is of excellent quality and the seats in general are amazing. Did anyone get to experience the cooling seats!? They offer top notch support. I keep saying, those Insignia leather seats should have been in the GTC purely because they offer so much more support.
    The centre console looks excellent with the gloss black fascia and the sat nav is very well laid out button wise.
    The 2.0T engine is incredible. Next to no lag and power all through the rev range. The tip tronic is a little nannyish and sluggish. Some shifts won't be allowed if the revs are too high, even when its not near the limiter. Leave it in full auto and it performs its best. Corner wise, couldn't believe how flat it turned for such a large car. And its not as if the suspension is rock hard, its just about perfect.
    All round, an excellent car with impressive looks and performance to match. Only let down would be the front styling with the square fog lights seeming like an odd choice for a car with such a rounded and well contoured car.
    Cannot wait for the Bi-Turbo Oiler and OPC Click here to enlarge
    I'll take the CDTi Wagon out later this week.
    Click here to enlarge

EDS-IPF Re-Map, 19" OPC Snowflakes, OPC Rear Spoiler, OPC Rear Diffuser, Remus Exhaust, Irmscher Front Spoiler, Irmscher Front Grille, Irmscher Eyebrows Signum Fog Surrounds and Lower Grille, K&N Apollo Intake, Koni Yellow Adjustable Dampers, Eibach Pro-Kit, DBA 5000 Gold Rotors, M-Tech Shifter

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice Chris, good to see your getting stuck into them, I'll wait for the same 2 AJ variants you've noted above (oiler and OPC) to arrive before test driving any of the new Opels...

Still can't get over how 'booffy' the new Astra is, as you have noticed the wheel arch openings are gigantic, it still looks SUV-ish to me I reckon you could get 24" rims with low profile tyres to fit in there lol Click here to enlarge

Also I'm not surprised to hear the ride quality is good, the stock wheels on the GTC are fitted with massive 50 series rubber 235 wide tyres which should cushion any bumps...

Oh forgot to mention I got the suburb wrong, it's Sth. Yarra lol was thinking of 2 things at once when I wrote the previous post, my missus also manages some shifts in a priceline pharmacy in Caulfield as well as the one across the road from the new Opel showroom in Sth. Yarra Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few of us at Opel Brisbane will be at the next Opelaus event Go-karting Sunday 23rd September. I am going to have a 1.6 GTC fully optioned there for everyone to look over. It hasn't even arrived yet so it will be really "fresh off the boat". Looking forward to seeing you guys.

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow you guys are really engaging with the crowd. Good stuff.

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by OpelBrisbane Click here to enlarge
    A few of us at Opel Brisbane will be at the next Opelaus event Go-karting Sunday 23rd September. I am going to have a 1.6 GTC fully optioned there for everyone to look over. It hasn't even arrived yet so it will be really "fresh off the boat". Looking forward to seeing you guys.
    HEYHEYHEY, would that be the one I am waiting for ??? (Peter, left my mobile number at the opening launch) Too bad I cant make it to the go-karting (wedding to attend)Click here to enlarge
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    @dutchy they are bringing a gtc not the astra sport. Although do you want me to test you Astra sport for you? Click here to enlarge
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by guy 27 Click here to enlarge
    @dutchy they are bringing a gtc not the astra sport. Although do you want me to test you Astra sport for you? Click here to enlarge
    Same engine but then a 4 door I guess ? Yeah, if you want to drive it on my behalf...................
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dutchy Click here to enlarge
    HEYHEYHEY, would that be the one I am waiting for ??? (Peter, left my mobile number at the opening launch) Too bad I cant make it to the go-karting (wedding to attend)Click here to enlarge
    @dutchy Peter, Guy is correct it i not the one we were talking about but the one you are waiting for will be here on the same delivery so expect a call in the next week or two Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: We Have Cars !!!!!

now that's exciting!!!

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by OpelBrisbane Click here to enlarge
    @dutchy Peter, Guy is correct it i not the one we were talking about but the one you are waiting for will be here on the same delivery so expect a call in the next week or two Click here to enlarge
    AHA Click here to enlarge Thanks.

Thread Information