Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rjastra Click here to enlarge
    If i told you a Vauxhall Astra VXR is similar money, in the UK, to a A250 AMG what would you say?
    That Australian consumers get shafted big time when it comes to what we pay for the big 3 German luxury brands compared to the rest of the world.
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah... I guess that's where Opel will have their advantage as the "budget" German
    '03 Arden Turbo "Tegan"
    '15 Fiesta ST "Tiffany"

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    And this is where the Stigma of "Budget" comes into play.
    Click here to enlarge

EDS-IPF Re-Map, 19" OPC Snowflakes, OPC Rear Spoiler, OPC Rear Diffuser, Remus Exhaust, Irmscher Front Spoiler, Irmscher Front Grille, Irmscher Eyebrows Signum Fog Surrounds and Lower Grille, K&N Apollo Intake, Koni Yellow Adjustable Dampers, Eibach Pro-Kit, DBA 5000 Gold Rotors, M-Tech Shifter

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly, but I don't think it will be as detrimental as the stigma attached to Hyundai compared to Toyota, Mazda, Honda (the budget option compared to the big 3 but asian not german)... but I guess opel never had the excel... hahahahaha

only time will tell, but I think they are in the right slot, under $30k they will sell like hot cakes
    '03 Arden Turbo "Tegan"
    '15 Fiesta ST "Tiffany"

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzino Click here to enlarge
    only time will tell, but I think they are in the right slot, under $30k they will sell like hot cakes
    I hope you are right... but I don't think they will. Unless they can get an Astra model ON THE ROAD for <23K then they are rooted. Why do you think Holden still sticks that boat anchor 1.8L under the bonnet of the Cruze? To get a low price model on the market.
    They have no answer to the Golf GTI or Polo GTI... both of which make up a large (25+%) of overall Golf/Polo sales at a higher margin.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rjastra Click here to enlarge

ZF (i think) has a new 8 speed and 9 speed torque converter based autos out specifically designed for FWD. In the long run I can see DSGs being phased out, in city cars, for these. They are smooth, compact and cost effective. Buyers, especially the USA, don't like the way DSG gearboxes work.

Completely agree on that re. the new 8sp family of ZF autos, just look at the performance times of both the new 1 and 3 series BMW's fitted with that box, the excellent acceleration times and economy numbers are mainly due to that new 8sp auto...

If i told you a Vauxhall Astra VXR is similar money, in the UK, to a A250 AMG what would you say?

The hot hatch market here is very competitive. If a M135i is going to be 68K+ORC then a A250 wont be 60K
    Thank you for pointing that out, I've been trying to explain the very same thing Click here to enlarge

Alot people here are interested in the new OPC AJ or possibly a RS250 Megane or a Golf Gti or R, the price range of those vehicles including the best seller of them all ATM the Gti is line ball with the new A Class range up to the A250 fitted with the AMG kit which will be the range topper of the petrol variants, MB have purposely priced the A Class to directly compete with the VW Golf range, there's also going to be an A220-CDI which is rumoured to include AWD.

The AMG A45 is going to be in the same class as the Audi RS3 and 135i hatch and those vehicles will cost between 70-100k and are in another league anyway compared to the Gti and OPC Astra Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information