Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems with porting PS3 games to PS4 will make GT6 on PS4 unlikely as the architectures between both machines are entirely different. As a result, I'd say PD will just focus its efforts on GT7 instead.

Yes, FM may be just a "game", but after all that's what these things are about in the end. Plus, PD are about 6 or 7 years ahead in terms of development in regards to dynamics, but each version of Forza I've played seems to just get better in that regard. It's no GT, but it's probably more appealing to casual gamer than the hardcore.

Yes, I use a controller as opposed to a wheel, but even if I used a wheel, I'd probably get the feeling I would still be shelling out over $100 for just a few updates. Although, given the slow download speeds in updating anything on a PS3, you'd probably save that much in time. The only saving grace from my perspective for GT6, would be if the DLC is a lot better than it was in GT5.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by guy 27 Click here to enlarge
    can't compare gt to forza. forza is a game, gt is sim.

also gt6 will be ps3. it may get ported to ps4 but no confirmation yet that i've seen.
    Have you played Forza with a wheel? Thats a straight up sim!
    Click here to enlarge

EDS-IPF Re-Map, 19" OPC Snowflakes, OPC Rear Spoiler, OPC Rear Diffuser, Remus Exhaust, Irmscher Front Spoiler, Irmscher Front Grille, Irmscher Eyebrows Signum Fog Surrounds and Lower Grille, K&N Apollo Intake, Koni Yellow Adjustable Dampers, Eibach Pro-Kit, DBA 5000 Gold Rotors, M-Tech Shifter

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChrisMaz Click here to enlarge
    Have you played Forza with a wheel? Thats a straight up sim!
    yeah not the same. gt feels much more realistic
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard gt6 will be on ps3 with lower graphics and a ps4 release with hd

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    GT5 is HD. Runs at 1080p
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    can also link 4 ps3's together to run it in 4k Click here to enlarge
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    OEM+

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by guy 27 Click here to enlarge
    can also link 4 ps3's together to run it in 4k Click here to enlarge
    Funny, checking google and I can't seem to find anything that says you can do that. Then again, if you had four consoles to do it, you'd probably need four copies of the same game too to make it all work. There's also a lot of talk going around that XB1 or PS4 won't support 4K either, possibly as a result of devs not wanting to support 4K initially.

I see Turn 10 released the FM5 car list recently. Notable addition: 2012 Vauxhall Astra VXR.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    they've done it before showing gt5 in 4k using 4 ps3 consoles. Click here to enlarge
    OEM+

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Tech demos, surely. But I don't see it being available to the general (cashed up) public. Knowing that the PS3 has awesome abilities to be linked in parallel with other PS3s, a lot of this is beyond the average gamer. 4K TV would cost a heap at present, four consoles (which could be had cheaply), possibly 4 copies of GT5 (again, probably cheap to pick up now) and you'd need some sort of device to allow it to output to a single screen at 4K. If the consoles were arranged in a master-slave type system, you'd be pushing the limits of the single HDMI cable on a console that physically has only a HDMI 1.3 output. Allegedly they updated it to 1.4 through a firmware update, which I believe is possible given both 1.3 and 1.4 only differ in the resolution output. I don't see this scenario happening as one single RSX chip is going to have a fit trying to push out 4K. It has to be a parallel system and this means it'd need something like a multiplexer to make it all happen.

But there's still one thing. Running it in 4K is nothing like it being a true 4K image and that would mean it needs upscaling, as I wouldn't believe the whole game was built around 4K. The tech demo you mention however, was apparently specially coded for 4K. It was also noted by some people, that it did feature a little screen tearing, as to be able to distinguish the fact four machines were running the game.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I may have been hanging a little crap on GT6 of late, but if this is true about this track editor feature that's supposed to appear in a future update, I might change my mind about it.

http://www.gtplanet.net/gt6-course-maker-gps-data/

I'd have to say this could possibly be one of the most awesome features ever added to a game.

Thread Information