Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by opelenthusiast Click here to enlarge
    The Adelaide Opel dealership will be on Hindley Street where Saab used to be
    Yeah I know that now Click here to enlarge
    I can't wait!

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    On one of my deliveries, I spoke to a former service manager for City Holden. When I mentioned that Opel were setting up shop in Adelaide, under the Adelaide Motors Group, he said he had a mate who worked there and said they were shifty as ****. Then again, he also said the same of Maughan Thiem Ford/Hyundai, of which I could certainly vouch for.

My hope is, the kind of experiences I've heard about don't transpire to potential new Opel owners. Then again, this list is only the beginning. I'm guessing as sales get going, there will be more dealerships popping up all over the place.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know a few people from the Adelaide motors group and can confirm someone you met, whose friend knew someone there have no idea what they're talking about. From what i understand, Opel only plan of having 17 dealerships across Australia.

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I know a few people from the Adelaide motors group and can confirm someone you met, whose friend knew someone there have no idea what they're talking about. From what i understand, Opel only plan of having 17 dealerships across Australia.
    I thought it was 17 to start then will expand depending on the amount of business that comes through the doors?

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We'll wait and see. Believe me, I know what it's like to be on the rough end of the things when it comes to dealers and there's nothing like spending 30+ large on a vehicle, only for it to break down and then the dealer doesn't want to cough up for the repairs and want to slug you in the five figure range, all because of some BS excuse. It ain't pleasant and it's nothing you'd want to wish on your worst enemy. I was only going on what I heard from one person there. I also happen to know various BMW owners (not including myself, as I work on my own cars), who refuse to go back to Adelaide Motors for various reasons. I guess that probably speaks more than what you hear from staff and/or former staff of businesses. Then again, my beef is more or less with service departments, rather than the salespeople.

Yes, Opel 'plan' to only have 17 dealerships in Australia, but that's not to say that later down the track things won't change. From someone who has been involved in the running of a business in the past, I know expansion/contraction of operations due to market demand is part and parcel, whether you plan it or not. If the demand can be met through expanding dealerships at little or no cost and means more registrations, then why wouldn't you do it? Exclusivity, in the automotive industry only works for the brands where if you have to ask the price, you can't afford it anyway.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    from what i understand the dealerships are not like holden and will not pop up in random areas. they will be more exclusive such as bmw and audi. hence why only one dealership in a few states and a few in more densly populated ones. will be interesting to see what will happen if the product does take off though...

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    from what i understand the dealerships are not like holden and will not pop up in random areas. they will be more exclusive such as bmw and audi. hence why only one dealership in a few states and a few in more densly populated ones. will be interesting to see what will happen if the product does take off though...
    Actually, I thought Opel would (and does) compete globally more with VW models than it does BMW and Audi. And we certainly have more than one VW dealership in SA. Sure VW isn't your average Holden/Ford dealer either.

I believe it will take off eventually. The Astra name alone will get it out the door. The only reason Holden now sell more Cruzes than they did Astras are the fact some Cruzes are made here and as a result, they're eligible for a larger slice of the government fleet sales.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wait and see i guess

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    And reliable sources or is this just all heresay?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A fair bit of hearsay I would say Click here to enlarge

Thread Information