Thread: Headlights

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Headlights

I was just wondering i've bought angle eyes projecter headlights a while back and i want to put a HID kit in but i thought i'll just go on the safe side and reduce getting attention brought to my ive bought 12v 100w white H1 bulb for the head lights, i guess thats pretty bright. but what im wondering baout is about the hi beams, is that the same bulb? and if so. could i go hi and get like a 150w bulb to just show people who hi beam me i can flick them on that i just have my normal headlights on. if this does make sense to anybody.

any suggestions would be great.

thanks all
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

I'm new here, please be nice JRhook's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Chris
    you need to be very careful increasing the wattage of the headlight globes as this in turn increases the load (Amps) flowing through the headlight circuit. Generally headlights have a 60/55w high/low beam glove and a 60W high beam. Headlights are very good now a days and the really isn't a lot of need to go silly with high wattage gloges. There are new globes out now called +100's Check them out here They have the appearance of a very high wattage globe with out the wattage so the electrical load on you system is not changed.

Hope that is of some use.

Cheers
    JR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    alright, thanks for thats, well, in your opinion, what would be the best bulb, i owuld like a nice bright white light, so aorund 3900k - 4500k in h3 and h1 and then something brighter for my hi/low beam

if you know of. i looked at them i doesn't quiet say what colour output they do, but i do like them

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chris-sant Click here to enlarge
    alright, thanks for thats, well, in your opinion, what would be the best bulb, i owuld like a nice bright white light, so aorund 3900k - 4500k in h3 and h1 and then something brighter for my hi/low beam

if you know of. i looked at them i doesn't quiet say what colour output they do, but i do like them
    In my angel eyes in my astra I have 4300k H7 55w HIDs as the headlights with 6000k H7 55w HIDs as the high beams they are bright enough. I have som pics in my ride thread I think of it

Excuse the picture quality but this is a view of the HIDs looking down the street. These are the 6000k ones as my headlights before I bought the 4300k ones
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by faneca; 9th June 2012 at 08:44 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so is that actaully HID kit..? the worth it?

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yea it is a hid kit, I bought it off eBay. The member @Dahlia has the same set in his Astra, you can get different bulb sizes and everything

It is a phenomenal difference to the stock light out put of these headlights(with the fish eye) before I got the HIDs, i thought it was an ok out put but its nothing compared to know

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    alright i also just bough angle eye foglights, so guess i'll look into that, very nice car btw.

done anythign special inside?

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The ones guy linked you to?
    Not really, leather interior, roof storage bin, new head unit, and I painted the center console Arden blue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah i've been doing alot of research and i really want to redo my interior cream, and have some of the standard black.

and ive just bought a plasma tacho speedo and chrome rings for my dash. so that will look sick Click here to enlarge

Thread Information