I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Towing a 1500kg caravan with a CDXI.

Howdy all, has anyone towed a smallish caravan, say 1500kg with a CDXI Vectra. I know it's like feeding strawberry's to pigs hooking a caravan on the back of my Vectra but I may need to for a short period of time. If anyone has done this what mods were done to safeguard the Vectra like oil cooler etc and how did it handle the job.
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    its built to tow 1600kg. weather it will like it is another thing.
    might be very worth while installing new shocks in the rear if they are still the original.
    If your still running oem brake components it might also be beneficial to put in better pads upfront.
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    what year vectra is it? i know that some of the cdxi vectras had some issues with condensation in the transmission. might want to get that checked out aswelll just to be on the safe side
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the input. It's a 2005 model with new shocks a year ago and RDA disc pads which cut down the brake dust issue.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Should be fine mate if you've replaced the shocks and pads.

Can I ask why you replaced the shocks last year?
    Click here to enlarge

EDS-IPF Re-Map, 19" OPC Snowflakes, OPC Rear Spoiler, OPC Rear Diffuser, Remus Exhaust, Irmscher Front Spoiler, Irmscher Front Grille, Irmscher Eyebrows Signum Fog Surrounds and Lower Grille, K&N Apollo Intake, Koni Yellow Adjustable Dampers, Eibach Pro-Kit, DBA 5000 Gold Rotors, M-Tech Shifter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a my second CDXI, I purchased the first in 2003 when they were first released and did 180k in it and 18 months ago traded it on my current 2005 model which had 70k on it. I couldn’t find anything else for the money that represented such value. Because I was used to the ride and handling I was aware that the shocks were suspect. When I purchased this one it came from the used car dealer with 4 new tyres and after I’d travelled about 15k I noticed patchy wear on the rear tyres which points to worn shocks. I replaced all 4 shocks and the rear tyres and have had no further problems. Ride and handling improved to what I remember the 2003 model to be like. Cheers.

Thread Information