Thread: Need Opinion

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need Opinion

Hey guys, I've got 16' Advanti Medusa Rims, they came with the car. and i've noticed they seem to be one a few astra. and sorta wanna be unique. if you guys know what i mean

and i was wondering whats the max i can go up to with my holden astra g 2001 model.

like is it worth going up 2 inchs and what not and have a small profile of tyre?

any sugestions?
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It depends how much you want to sacrifice ride comfort. There was a member here not too ling ago put 20's onto his astra g. Iv also seen a few astra h with 20's I had 19's on my cdxi vectra which was lowered with eibach springs and that was a pretty rough ride. Once you start going above 18'' on an astra g then you need to do some modifications to the arches and the plastic liner to stop scrubbing etc.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    you'll want to stay with 17"s or 18"s. 17"s for go, 18"s for show. Another thing to consider is if you want dished wheels, 18" will be your minimum. Spokes right to the edge means you can stick with 17"s
    just whatever you do, ditch the medusas Click here to enlarge
    2007 Liberty STi
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    as above.
    just remember to get the right sized tyres.
    215/40/17 or 215/35/18 are the recommended sized tyres for keeping the speedo accurate.
    with 17's you can go to a 45 profile but you may get some scrubbing and the speedo will be a tiny bit out but does give a softer ride.
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ive got 19x8s on my astra. they fit under the guards with no issues. only thing is that now my rear shocks are slowly dying theyre scrubbing more so in the back. a set of bilstein b4s would fix this. i do run a bit of stretch though because the size of the tyre is 215/35/19. the only issue with the stretch is the wheels get marked pretty easily. as for comfort, the rids is a fair bit harder hence why i havent lowered it
    you can live in a car but cant race a house

Current: 1979 Chrysler Lancer Hatch & 2007 Holden ve Commodore SSV
    past: 2002 SRi Astra & 1985 Holden vk Berlina

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm one of the people with 20's on a TS Astra, but it's all due to being a highly modified weekend only driven machine...

In your case, if it's a daily driver then keep it all legal and insurance friendly...check your States rules and don't exceed the max. wheel size your allowed, mostly going up 2" over stock is fine and a nice looking set of 18's on a TS suits very well...

With the correct offsets or ET (that is the most important spec of any wheel choice) you'll be able to lower it with no drivability issues, again keep the lowering part of it under control for happy and trouble free motoring Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you so much for the advice. i have decided to go with 18' 'PDW Signaturez' then i might conside dumping the back? dunno yet..

but i think they will look pretty dam good.

Thread Information