Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had a meeting in Canberra so we drove there !

First time we had been up there so we drove, took the x5 as she is diesel we only used 1and a half tanks and it's a 1400 k round trip ! Some awsome roads on the way loved it too 6 an a half hours. Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    There are a few members in the ACT u shoulda organised a mini meet.
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have but it was just a quick visit mate. Not a bad place to see tho would go back, well I have to come back for a further meating. But I will fly up this time or if the corsa turbo is finished I'll come in that should be faster than flying!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice pics !!!

BTW I too am loving the switch over to a diesel daily driver in terms of range and fuel savings Click here to enlarge

Am averaging 900-950km with average top ups of between 56-60ltrs. (low 6's) of diesel combined cycle with alot of spirited burts inbetween as well, Freeway runs sees consumption in the high 4's, will be able to travel 1200-1300km on that same 60ltrs Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The beauty of TD hey save heaps on fuel bills and still have plenty of fun ! The roads we were on where perfect you could easy of hit upwards of 180 not that we did tho ;-)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by corsaford Click here to enlarge
    I would have but it was just a quick visit mate. Not a bad place to see tho would go back, well I have to come back for a further meating. But I will fly up this time or if the corsa turbo is finished I'll come in that should be faster than flying!
    Put up your hand next time and we could perhaps catch-up.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by corsaford Click here to enlarge
    The beauty of TD hey save heaps on fuel bills and still have plenty of fun ! The roads we were on where perfect you could easy of hit upwards of 180 not that we did tho ;-)
    Yep, although I've never been a fan of oilers, I've always said it for years that if and when they start to put out 'decent' ones I'll own one and certainly alot of the newer crop are there in terms of equal or better power and performance than their petrol counterparts along with all the efficiency and longevity bonuses they offer...

I'm absolutely wrapped with the oiler in my Merc and it has so much more to offer in terms of power and performance with not much increase in consumption if I ever wanted it Click here to enlarge

And speeking of Canberra I'll be up for a drive there later this year, will certainly let the Canberra peeps know when and maybe catch up for a meet and coffee Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    *coughwakefieldjuly28cough*
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    *coughplusonecough*
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have to come back up next thursday for a few days but mite be busy with meetings ! Anyone no any cheap places to stay?

Thread Information