Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

IE9 and displayed fonts

One of our terminals IE is displaying like this

Click here to enlarge

the fields where you type stuff in is tiny

what this website should look like is this

Click here to enlarge

any ideas on how to fix - have tried mucking around with fonts and compatibility view - it was actually worse before but compatibility view fixed the rest of the website....
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    try holding down the left CTRL button and roll the mouse scroll wheel forward. You should see the fonts start to expand.
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hazrd Click here to enlarge
    try holding down the left CTRL button and roll the mouse scroll wheel forward. You should see the fonts start to expand.
    Thanks adz. Will try it tomorrow
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    ctrl + or ctrl - will do the same, if your on a laptop and dont have a scroll wheel mouse attached Click here to enlarge
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm.. And it appears blue screen terminal is running a higher res than the gray screen terminal. Which would make everything smaller to start with. And to deal with that well there are about 300 different ways you can make one bigger or smaller as the other

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by poita Click here to enlarge
    ctrl + or ctrl - will do the same, if your on a laptop and dont have a scroll wheel mouse attached Click here to enlarge
    isn't that just the zoom for the webpage??? That's not the problem - it's the size of the font being used in fields where you can type stuff in.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by aznpsuazn Click here to enlarge
    Hmm.. And it appears blue screen terminal is running a higher res than the gray screen terminal. Which would make everything smaller to start with. And to deal with that well there are about 300 different ways you can make one bigger or smaller as the other
    Resolution has nothing to do with it. That webpage looks basically the same on any computer we use. I know it's not exactly easy to see with the screenshots but the normal font that comes up when you type stuff into the webpage is a Arial font. Font has now managed to change to some weird courier type font thats about half the size. Decreasing resolution hasn't fixed it, nor do I want to run at a lower resolution. Zooming the webpage doesn't increase the font either.

Some staff member has buggered it up somehow and I have the regular user of that computer complaining that he can't see what he is typing Click here to enlarge

Thread Information