I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Long time lurker, first time poster

Hi Guys, I have been lurking here for 18 months or so, and the forum has helped me out a fair bit. My brother and I bought a SRi Barina/Corsa at the hail damaged auctions in Perth, on the spur of the moment decision without even seeing it. Got it for $1650 I think, without knowing how many Km's it had on it, or if it even ran! Towed it home, put a battery in it, it started, and it only had 92000km on it.. sweet.
    The inital plan was to race it in Autocross and Khanacrosses in our car club www.bormsa.asn.au but once we cleaned it up, and it ran well, it was better than my girlfriends car, so she claimed it.. so we put a new windscreen in it and a wiper linkage, and it went straight over the pits no worries.
    We have been quite impressed wth the car, it pulls pretty hard, handles well, and has not had any problems. I have changed the cam belt at, and the gear linkage, getting parts from autovaux, thanks to the forum again.

I used the car out at AHG this weekend gone, and had a chat to Shay out there, who told me to jump on here. The car went well in the Motorkhana, doing hand brake turns easy in the wet, but was a bit of a mission getting the rear to come around in the dry, and I didn't want to chew the new tyres too much. Also the Traction control is bloody intrusive, so will be ordering the loom and switch soon.

I'll see if I can get some pics up of the car soon.

We went back to the auctions a few weekends later and bought a $600 Excel to race on gravel, maybe we will get the SRi out on the gravel soon.
    Wavey.
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Welcome to OA
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome along mate.

Saw a few of your motorkhana runs Yesterday, mighty good driving. Click here to enlarge

I'm organising a trackday out there around late June. So keep your eyes peeled on the W.A cruise section.
    Click here to enlarge

EDS-IPF Re-Map, 19" OPC Snowflakes, OPC Rear Spoiler, OPC Rear Diffuser, Remus Exhaust, Irmscher Front Spoiler, Irmscher Front Grille, Irmscher Eyebrows Signum Fog Surrounds and Lower Grille, K&N Apollo Intake, Koni Yellow Adjustable Dampers, Eibach Pro-Kit, DBA 5000 Gold Rotors, M-Tech Shifter

OpelAus Participant Corsa SRI Guy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome amigo! Glad to see more Corsa Sri owners coming out. Can't wait to see some pics of the beast
    CORSA C SRI 103KW
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sounds like a steal! good pick up and a belated welcome to the site
    *BTM* Opel Astra SRi 2.2L

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by glider
    A thread hasn't been recognized on OpelAus forums until BTM has posted in it at least 6 times
    "As a final incentive before giving up on a difficult task, try to imagine it successfully accomplished by someone you violently dislike"

K. Zenios

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum mate.

I lurked around the forum for 3 years before posting my car up. Seems to be the way to go. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information