Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, new to the corsa

Hi guys and girls, Smiley here (luke is the real name)

I know I am a little late on the band wagon but I have only recently realised on how much fun I am having with my 1999 Holden SB Barina City 3 door and how mych i really love this car.

Funny story really if your interested to read any further on how I came to getting this car.

I am a holdan man through and through, have been for many yrs.... 6 cycl and the muscle V8's.

I have been fortunate enough to recently purchase a new 2012 VE SSV series commodore.
    In the intrim I mentioned to my partner (after selling my last commodore) I need a really cheap run about to get me from A to B. I didnt want to spend any more that about $800.00, had to be a manual and a 4 cycl. It was only for a little while until the new car was delivered.
    So it happens, I walked in to the holden dealer, order my new SSV commodore, had a walk around the second hand car lot to look for the cheapest, most reliable car to bash around in.

On why way back to my own veh to go home, I walked past the serivce dept and noticed a silver Barina (corsa B) in the most terrible condition. I over heard the serivce advisor talk to the owner advising the car is getting to old and not worth spending any more on repairs, gave the sales speal to trade in to a new car. The old owner question on a trade value, which was heart braking to him (he was about 55 yrs old) and disapointing, By guys let me tell you, the wreaking yard would have been embarrased to take this car.
    The adviser told the owner that it would not be worth any more that about $400.00 and would get the local wreaking yard to pick it up for him as a serivce to the owner as no one would by it to resell.

HMMMM... Bargin i thought... it wont be for i thought to my self... I had a look with my partner, we both screwed our noises up at it. The car was a manual, which I wanted, it was cheap, which I wanted, believe it our not but low km's (135,000kms)...had A/C (bonus) and was small and zippy and would do the job for a few mths and it got donts and cratches... so what sell on ebay and get what i can for it... no love lost or money lost.

I spoke to the service advisor just as he was looking at call the wreaking yard, and made an inquiry. This car was the last of the SB Barina's, low Kms, 1.4lt multi point EFI (not the single point carby), pwr steering, A/C, dual air bags, manual, cheap on fuel and just had a new clutch, brakes, full major serivice, new exhaust, 8mths rego, and new tyres... all for $400.00!!!! BARGIN AND WHAT A BONUS!!!!
    I said there and then I would take it... no questions asked if he would agree to sell it to me. The service advisor call the own immediately and told him, funny enough ther was a buyer interested. the own shocked agreed and sold the veh for $500.00, as it was... (mind you the bill that day for repair was $1200.00). did the transfer there and then, paid the guy cash and drove it home there and then. what a split sec decision to make.. could not believe what i just did and niether did my partner.... LMAO

Got it home gave it a clean and a polish and believe it or not... was a brand new car and went like the clappers.. this thing hammered down the road for what the car was. it blew me away what this car was doing... nothing but amazing form a std car.

I have been driving this car or as my partner calls it the little "BEEP BEEP" or the "Gay jelly bean" (LOL) for 7 mths now and I have falled very much in love and attached to it. Now about the new SSV commodore, to date I have picked up my new car... but supprisingly I enjoy the Barina more... weird I know but it is in the blood and heart now. strange things will happen and I feel it was ment to be.

so thats my long winded story.

hope to chat again and request assistace and look and investigate on turning my little BEEP BEEP in to a little mean machine.
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Welcome to oa
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum bud.
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cheers mate :-)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome :-)
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    howdy and welcome to the site!
    *BTM* Opel Astra SRi 2.2L

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by glider
    A thread hasn't been recognized on OpelAus forums until BTM has posted in it at least 6 times
    "As a final incentive before giving up on a difficult task, try to imagine it successfully accomplished by someone you violently dislike"

K. Zenios

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi Luke...
    :: OpelAus Senior Moderator ::
    :: OLD: 2000 Opel Corsa B 1.4 - Old info here - 48.7kw atw
    :: OLD: 2003 Opel Corsa C SRi - Old info here - 84.8kw atw
    :: OLD: 2003 Opel Astra SRiT - 182.3kw atw
    :: Daily: 2001 E46 BMW 325Ci Coupe – 2.5L 5spd Manual
    :: Project: 1983 AE71 Toyota Corolla CS-X - not sure what to do yet... ::

www.pauljakubicki.com
    facebook.com/PaulJakubickiPhotography
    Event Photographer/Writer for SpeedNation.com.au

OpelAus Participant Corsa SRI Guy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Luke and welcome to OA! I had an SB and still remember the fun I had
    CORSA C SRI 103KW
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey mate

thanks for the warm welcome
    well.. i hope you can help me out a little then on my journey into this world..LOL

so what did you do you yours?

Thread Information