Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Tech question: wtf has my dad done? Lol

I now get Click here to enlarge
    That's if I can even get windows to load in safe mode originally. Most of the time I can't get it to load at all. No windows disc to use as it came on the comp. running vista (I know)
    Any ideas how to fix?
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    2007 Liberty STi
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    the BSOD... every techs worst nightmare

Couple of things i can think of apart from opening it up and removing hardware parts one by one or having to reload everything, would be to use a Vista disc (i have one you can use), and then boot it into recovery mode and see if the "repair" feature works

Also, disconnect everything connected to the PC other than the KB/Mouse/Monitor, and see if it starts <-- Dave beat me to this part lol

Failing that... Let me it for a few hours. I would say id brotek it, but im actually qualified in this field Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by hazrd; 5th March 2012 at 07:07 PM.
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Or, if its a brand name PC, it might have its own repair feature in it, however i couldnt tell you off the top of my head how it would work because every manufacturer's setup is different :/
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This may sound stupid or you may have already done it, but sometimes an updated driver can cause this issue.

Unplug everything possible and see if it starts.
    "Bacon and eggs. A day's work for the chook. A lifetime commitment for the pig."
    My Car - 1993 Opel Monterey SL
    Wifes Car - 2005 Vectra C CDX 3.2 CLICK

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also if you don't have the disk there might be a recovery partition on the PC itself.

With the PC's I've done this to, as soon as you get to the BIOS screen start hitting F9
    "Bacon and eggs. A day's work for the chook. A lifetime commitment for the pig."
    My Car - 1993 Opel Monterey SL
    Wifes Car - 2005 Vectra C CDX 3.2 CLICK

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Have you tried turning it on and off again?

Ooooooorrrr jump onto another computer and download UBCD (Ultimate Boot CD) stick it in and run that.

It has its on mini os as such and will let you run tests on the hardware, just to try and rule one thing out
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks nerds!
    Dave was on the money, I'd noticed it was hanging on an avg 2012 driver even when loading in safe mode, so I looked in system32 and drivers and it was AVG that was last updated so I deleted it's drivers and uninstalled it, restarted and she seems all good, thanks guys!
    2007 Liberty STi
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Woooooo!! Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sooty Click here to enlarge
    Thanks nerds!
    Dave was on the money, I'd noticed it was hanging on an avg 2012 driver even when loading in safe mode, so I looked in system32 and drivers and it was AVG that was last updated so I deleted it's drivers and uninstalled it, restarted and she seems all good, thanks guys!
    Hey, mine did exactly the same !!! The computer guys also removed avg and put avast on. Problem solved.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

OpelAus Enthusiast Feelinlucky75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yup... avg has gone fail... too many virus writers targeting it now...

Thread Information