Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rims

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BEK-46P Click here to enlarge
    If you decide on paint, make sure they do a good job. There are areas on my rims where the paint is so thin, you can see through to the original finish. In other areas, the paint is peeling.

Looking back, I wish I got them powder-coated, as the results are usually better, IMO.

In either case, be prepared for fast and dirty wheels, unless you have low-dust brakes.

As for the people NOT recommending black rims (they will be spoilt/vomit/shit, etc), the old cliche that "once you have black, you never go back" is very applicable to wheels. Black rims are the epitome of toughness, irrespective of what colour your car is. When I look back at photos of my pre-blackened wheels, I laugh and think "weak, weak, weak" Click here to enlarge I am already shopping for black forge rims for my 370Z... and I haven't even bough the car yet Click here to enlarge

wow u bought 370z nice, im heading toward 370z (white) end of this year ... black rims/black roof ... gg

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shay Click here to enlarge
    look awesome with white too, i love stormtrooper spec!

Just get them painted. A good quality paint will last just as long as powdercoating, and will be cheaper.
    This
    My wheels are painted, have been for a year now, and they only have a few minor stone chips on them which you cant even notice.
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

OpelAus Participant daves_cally's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just painted my rims the other day, came out nicely! If you do thorough prep work there's no reason you can't have a nice lasting finish Click here to enlarge
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...e-s-92-Calibra
    http://www.clubcalibra.org/forum2/in...p?topic=4271.0
    Dear Cali, WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME WHEN I SHOW YOU NOTHING BUT LOVE!!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by daves_cally Click here to enlarge
    just painted my rims the other day, came out nicely! If you do thorough prep work there's no reason you can't have a nice lasting finish Click here to enlarge
    This. Mine came as a gunmetal color with polished face which I hated. I would recommend buying a heat gun so you can really get the etch primer to stick to the sanded surface.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys for the help Click here to enlarge

Thread Information