Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ferrari FF catches fire!!

Yet another prancing horse bonfire!!

http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/a...221-1tkeb.html

Click here to enlarge

Exotic Italian brand continues to be plagued by cases of spontaneous combustion, this time with its new FF four-seater.

Ferrari is, once again, the hottest brand around.

An almost-new Ferrari FF reportedly spontaneously burst into flames on a motorway in Shanghai, China over the weekend.

Photos of the V12-powered four-wheel-drive four-seat coupe surfaced online at Chinese website auto.163.com, including an image of the car burning and several of the aftermath.

Advertisement: Story continues below

According to Chinese news site Wenzhou City News, witnesses saw the Italian supercar driving along when smoke started billowing from under the bonnet. The driver then reportedly stopped and jumped out before the car burst into flames.

"They call the police, but the fire spread very rapidly, and when fire fighters arrived, the vehicle has been surrounded by fire almost totally destroyed," a witness was quoted as saying.

In China, the FF costs close to $850,000 as it attracts import duties and high taxes. In Australia, the recently-released version costs nearly as much, at $625,000 plus on-road costs.

Over the past 18 months Ferrari has experienced a spate of fiery incidents, in particular with its 458 Italia. The brand issued a recall in September 2010 for that car, blaming an adhesive in the wheel arches that could ignite in some circumstance. This is apparently the first fire involving an FF.

Edward Rowe, a spokesman for Ferrari’s Australian importer European Automotive Importers, says there’s no information available yet as to what happened in this particular circumstance.

“We can’t make any comment because we don’t have any details yet,” Rowe says.

This latest fire could not have come at a worse time for the brand, which is planning to pull the covers off an all-new model that will replace the 599 at the Geneva motor show in March.

Despite the recent spate of embarrassing fires, Ferrari buyers have not been deterred. Sales were up by 9.5 per cent to 7195 units in 2011, while the company's revenue was up by a record 17.3 per cent.

Follow Drive
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you just beat me to it pete! Click here to enlarge

not a good record for them recently!
    *BTM* Opel Astra SRi 2.2L

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by glider
    A thread hasn't been recognized on OpelAus forums until BTM has posted in it at least 6 times
    "As a final incentive before giving up on a difficult task, try to imagine it successfully accomplished by someone you violently dislike"

K. Zenios

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so what happens in this instance? does it come under a warranty claim
    you can live in a car but cant race a house

Current: 1979 Chrysler Lancer Hatch & 2007 Holden ve Commodore SSV
    past: 2002 SRi Astra & 1985 Holden vk Berlina

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the FF. so sad to see one bite the dust

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I hear Ferrari are throwing in a complimentary set of Nomex with every car purchased. I presume the new model launch at the Geneva Motor Show will be outdoors. But seriously, it's a pity to see such fine machinery bite the dust. I'd still buy a Ferrari if I had the money.

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    must be that little front gearbox that JC was whingeing about on the latest TGUK Click here to enlarge
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Thread Information