Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Telstra Cable Broadband..anyone have it?

Got a thing in the letterbox today about cable broadband. $78 a month including line rental, 200gb a month download, speeds of up to 100Mbps. Anyone have this? I'm paying 90 a month with iinet for only 60gb peak/ 60gb offpeak download. I have a Tesltra Cable box on the wall outside that I thought was just for decoration but apparently you can get cable broadband on it now.
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    sounds good!!

wonder if i can get it, hmmmmmm

is there a way of looking it up?
    Last edited by poita; 18th February 2012 at 03:27 AM.
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What.... We're paying 90 a month with iinet and getting 200GB on / 200GB off.

At my parents house we had bigpond cable. Rarely/NEVER dropped out, all I knew was that it was expensive. Seems they have become a reasonable provider these days, much like their mobile business.
    Click here to enlarge

EDS-IPF Re-Map, 19" OPC Snowflakes, OPC Rear Spoiler, OPC Rear Diffuser, Remus Exhaust, Irmscher Front Spoiler, Irmscher Front Grille, Irmscher Eyebrows Signum Fog Surrounds and Lower Grille, K&N Apollo Intake, Koni Yellow Adjustable Dampers, Eibach Pro-Kit, DBA 5000 Gold Rotors, M-Tech Shifter

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yes

I have Bigpond Ultimate Cable Broadband.... Although its a little slow today...

Click here to enlarge

This was my fastest, usually hovers around here
    Click here to enlarge

$89/month with phone
    Last edited by hazrd; 18th February 2012 at 10:03 AM.
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChrisMaz Click here to enlarge
    What.... We're paying 90 a month with iinet and getting 200GB on / 200GB off.

At my parents house we had bigpond cable. Rarely/NEVER dropped out, all I knew was that it was expensive. Seems they have become a reasonable provider these days, much like their mobile business.
    Does that 90 include the 30 bux line rental? my 90 includes the line rental so its 60 a month for the actual BB. Been with IINet since 2004 and If this place didn't have cable I would never think of going back to telstra but this sounds good to me.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Look at other providers too. There are some that might have permission to use the pit as well as Telstra
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    jump on here for info and a checker wook Click here to enlarge

http://whirlpool.net.au/
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you need super speed? Yes - get Telstra
    If you value dl allowance more, go TPG unlimited. Had Telstra cable since its inception (1g per month $120) and they were always unnecessarily fast. With my current TPG connection everything i do is timely, youtube, downloading (legal) movies, music, not instantaneous but I can afford to wait. I have never really needed something so fast that I wish I had Telstra.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problem with ADSL is, the further you live from the exchange, the more it sucks. I live around 4kms plus from the exchange and the speeds are pretty average at around 400kbps. If I could get cable, I would. But Telstra have stopped rolling out cable since the inception of the NBN. Other thing is too, cable has far lower ping times, which is generally preferable for those who game online.
    Last edited by chris_r; 18th February 2012 at 09:52 PM.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tried that speedtest with my current iinet adsl connection which I thought was a decent speed and got this: Download speed - 5.55mbps Upload speed - 0.81 mbps Ping - 28ms. So if I get cable I will have over 10 times faster speed...twice more gb per month and 12 bux cheaper per month...hmmm

Thread Information