2 Thread(s)
    u end up supporting a driver Click here to enlarge like nascar
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Not sure what 'viable' ideas other people have, but i think what V8 Supercars are doing for next year and the future is fantastic!!

Being the 3rd highest money earning sport in Australia, the series needed a revamp to make it more appealing to new fans and possibly international interest.

The money that will come in from Nissan, and possibly other manufacturers coming into the sport means there is a future for the sport!

Means Holden and Ford can distribute their funds more evenly to less teams, and Nissan can develop their cars well enough that more teams would be keen to use their car for the 2014 season.

I agree, it's getting a bit stale with just Holden and Ford, but logically whoever joins has to have a similar rwd/4 door/v8 platform, otherwise it will be the early 90's again when the GT-R's walked all over everyone else.

Also as much as i'm a massive fan of the old Group A touring car days, it just wouldn't work in today's busy schedule. Good example is an engine change. On a V8 race ute (based off a road car), it takes up to 8 hours for a race team to do an engine change, in a V8 supercar, the whole driveline can be swapped over in less than 2 hours. That means if something happens race 1, the car is back for race 2.

Then there's the whole safety aspect, you could make a road based car just as safe as a V8 supercar, but then trying to make that car do comparative lap times, just couldn't be done.

All the people saying it's boring, no one's forcing you to watch, i still reckon the racing is good, the championships are close faught and judging by the crowd at the test day at Sandwon yesterday, V8 Supercar is still getting support from hundereds of thousands of fans!!

Then in the coming years when there's more International exposure, who knows where it could lead!!
    BroTek Performance Pty Ltd

Current:
    2003 Astra SRi Turbo & 2004 Barina SXi
    Ex's: 2001 Astra CD & 2001 Astra SRi 2.2, plus a long list of non Opels...

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm all for Nissan entering - the more the merrier - but it's not exactly a revolution is it?

OK, Group A may not be viable, but the approach they are taking with the BTCC is more interesting. Brenton is right, you'll just end up supporting the driver and to hell with what badge is stickered on the front of the car.

And you're not going to get any new fans when the bogan element is still there. Kelly racing has already received hate mail about it http://www.foxsports.com.au/motor-sp...-1226267412725 - I mean seriously - what a pack of aresholes.
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xplosv57 Click here to enlarge
    Not sure what 'viable' ideas other people have, but i think what V8 Supercars are doing for next year and the future is fantastic!!

Being the 3rd highest money earning sport in Australia, the series needed a revamp to make it more appealing to new fans and possibly international interest.

The money that will come in from Nissan, and possibly other manufacturers coming into the sport means there is a future for the sport!

Means Holden and Ford can distribute their funds more evenly to less teams, and Nissan can develop their cars well enough that more teams would be keen to use their car for the 2014 season.

I agree, it's getting a bit stale with just Holden and Ford, but logically whoever joins has to have a similar rwd/4 door/v8 platform, otherwise it will be the early 90's again when the GT-R's walked all over everyone else.

Also as much as i'm a massive fan of the old Group A touring car days, it just wouldn't work in today's busy schedule. Good example is an engine change. On a V8 race ute (based off a road car), it takes up to 8 hours for a race team to do an engine change, in a V8 supercar, the whole driveline can be swapped over in less than 2 hours. That means if something happens race 1, the car is back for race 2.

Then there's the whole safety aspect, you could make a road based car just as safe as a V8 supercar, but then trying to make that car do comparative lap times, just couldn't be done.

All the people saying it's boring, no one's forcing you to watch, i still reckon the racing is good, the championships are close faught and judging by the crowd at the test day at Sandwon yesterday, V8 Supercar is still getting support from hundereds of thousands of fans!!

Then in the coming years when there's more International exposure, who knows where it could lead!!
    Well put !

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well it about time!
    It needs some excitment, you get bored watching the same cars run round the track all the time.
    And yes, I drive a Nissan.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Re: Nissan to join V8 Supercars in 2013

I like it
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    so do I, looks good.
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1.
    Will not be hard to miss it next year !

Thread Information