Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Android to Android Video Chat

Have been looking at using Fring for this.

Any other programs I should try look at?

The free'er the better!

Will going from my Galaxy S2 to an Iconia A500
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    anyone?
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    the whole video chat thing is a complete debacle on Android's behalf. I have a front facing camera, but I can't use the OS to make video calls to anybody else, I need to download a program and then buy credits to use the video chat feature, even though it is covered on my Telstra plan for the phone.

BTW Pete, I though the Samsung could do video chat natively with the Samsung software.....
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Fring just uses you data from what i can tell.

And not too sure Pete, I've wiped most of the factory bloat ware from it
    2013 Ford Focus ST

Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by poita Click here to enlarge
    Fring just uses you data from what i can tell.

And not too sure Pete, I've wiped most of the factory bloat ware from it
    doesn't the other person need to use Fring as well?

My issue with it all is that mum has a Samsung Flip 3G phone that does video calls fine. There is no software for my HTC that I can use that can use the video call feature on my mums phone or the capability of the Telstra network to handle video calls itself without having to buy eg Skype credits to use Skype on my phone to video call her.
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    well basically its to talk to I1 before he goes to bed, since that will be my lunch time effectively with the new job

so i will install fring on my phone and my tablet, the tablet of course staying at home. both have front facing cameras that can be used for it
    2013 Ford Focus ST

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Vectracious Click here to enlarge
    the whole video chat thing is a complete debacle on Android's behalf. I have a front facing camera, but I can't use the OS to make video calls to anybody else, I need to download a program and then buy credits to use the video chat feature, even though it is covered on my Telstra plan for the phone.

BTW Pete, I though the Samsung could do video chat natively with the Samsung software.....
    your saying it will only work android to Android ? and not android to Nokia for eg ?

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by poita Click here to enlarge
    well basically its to talk to I1 before he goes to bed, since that will be my lunch time effectively with the new job

so i will install fring on my phone and my tablet, the tablet of course staying at home. both have front facing cameras that can be used for it
    it's what I want to do as well - except with my parents who live a lot further than my inlaws and don't see the kids that often. For you, Skype would work just as well.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ice Click here to enlarge
    your saying it will only work android to Android ? and not android to Nokia for eg ?
    No, it will work, but I have to buy seperate skype/fring credits to make a video call - it's just annoying, especially since the phone comes with a front facing camera anyway.

Thread Information