Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    OpelAus Participant The 2nd Womble's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does $35 get you at the wreckers? :)

Thiiiiiis much!!!
    Leather Wheel with Controls and Airbag
    Click here to enlarge
    Late model 2004 Instrument Panel - Final Holden update (They look brand new!)
    Click here to enlarge
    Steering Column Shrouds and Instrument Cowling
    Click here to enlarge
    Centre Tunnel Assembly and Panels with Ashtray and Veccy B Black Armrest
    Click here to enlarge
    God I love my local Scrappy!!! Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    It's not a Holden. It's NOT a Holden. IT'S NOT A HOLDEN!Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All this minus the Steering Wheel are going to be Carbon Skinned this year.

...As well as literally EVERYTHING else not covered in Leather, from the Headliner to the Parcel Shelf down to the Seat Rail Covers

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Is the veccy armrest a direct fit into the cup holder thingy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah. No, but it's not too hard with a Dremel and a Cutting Disc. Cue dodgy iPhone pics:
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

1)Cut the sides away on the Ashtray opening on the Astra tunnel to allow the Armrest Ashtray to slide in -2mmm each side.
    2)Cut the top of the Tunnel above the Handbrake Gaitor bracket just enough to ensure that the Armrest doesnt hit at the base of the Inner Bin - 2mm across x around 20mm deep.
    3)Trim the side Tabs off the Armrest where it was Glued into the Vectra, and chop the front of the base to just below the flush line where it sits over the Handbrake Gator.
    4)Following this, tape off the lines across the front base of the Armrest so it will follow the contours needed to 'lock' it in place. As the Astra Tunnel falls away slightly across the top from one side to the other, the cut is a tad delicate but if you're boding and or covering it like me it doesn't need to be perfect.
    Dremels rock!
    You should be left with 4 contact points to be able to glue In my case Liquid Nails was tubed on where needed. I then fitted and pulled both pieces apart for 5 minutes to allow the glue to start going tacky, and then repositioned them and taped the combo off firmly.
    It will be fully cured by next Sunday and will then be Glassed, blended and smoothed and ready for the CF.
    I should have taken step by step pics as I did this, but when this one is finished I guess I can chop the current Tunnel up when it gets ripped out Click here to enlarge
    ___
    Last edited by The 2nd Womble; 24th January 2012 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Added pics

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow good pick up. Mind sharing your scrappy? Click here to enlarge
    Silver 03 SRi T -derestricted 2.2 airbox;total closure;ECU remap (EDS Stage 2 - 260 ps);breather box;Angel Eyes;Veccy Intake Scoop;FMIC;Inlet Cam;3"TBE;82 degrees thermostat;VXR Turbo;short shift;Team HEKO Wind Deflectors;Eibach Pro Kit;Whiteline RARB;Slotted Rotors with RDA Extreme Pads

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ahk seems like a lot of technical work for it, I need to find one that fits straight in, plenty on eBay but they all look weird lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It took me 20 minutes to fit in between sips of Tea and playing fetch with the dogs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 03srit Click here to enlarge
    Wow good pick up. Mind sharing your scrappy? Click here to enlarge
    Now that I have enough parts to get started on, sure. Theres nothing left that I really want apart from a couple of Wiring Looms Click here to enlarge
    ABC Self Serve Wreckers in Wacol. About 9 Astras and 4 Vectras atm but they almost get 2 Astras in every week. We must be either Hoons or useless drivers lolz

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Did any of them have electric windows? Id be willing to pay some one to pick up a couple of looms (left and right side) for a 5dr as they are hard to come by here

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The 2nd Womble Click here to enlarge
    Now that I have enough parts to get started on, sure. Theres nothing left that I really want apart from a couple of Wiring Looms Click here to enlarge
    ABC Self Serve Wreckers in Wacol. About 9 Astras and 4 Vectras atm but they almost get 2 Astras in every week. We must be either Hoons or useless drivers lolz
    sorry for taking parts of the wiring loom out of the cdx you took that steering wheel out of. Click here to enlarge
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

Thread Information