Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Four Letters ?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Four Letters ?

C.R.A.P !
    Not really Nerds United BUT Some C$%t scammed my credit card for $2400 late last year.
    Had a call from the fraud department of my bank in November telling me there had been two charity donations for small amounts and did I make them. No.

They suggested to cancel the card and get a new one which I did as most scammers test the waters before making a bigger purchase.
    I have not used the card since the middle of 2011 when I had to pay imports duties on parts.

Anyway I had missed checking a statement which I stumbled onto last night,happened to be the same day the two smaleer transactions were made, ans surprise someone in NSW went on spree at Dick Smith at my expense.

Bank are saying it is my problem as I did not check my statement and have left it more than 90 days.Click here to enlarge

Do I have any comeback ? Click here to enlarge

Anyone else been stung by anything similar ?
    Wives and GF`s using you card do not count ! Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think the 90 days is what might have got you - I know for a fact what I have been told by the merchant guys and my accountant is that after 90 days is up I don't need to keep the register and EFTPOS receipts because after that a transaction cannot be disputed.

However, why would the bank alert you to the smaller transactions and then not question 2400 being spent on the same day - might be worth asking them the question.....
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Vectracious Click here to enlarge
    I think the 90 days is what might have got you - I know for a fact what I have been told by the merchant guys and my accountant is that after 90 days is up I don't need to keep the register and EFTPOS receipts because after that a transaction cannot be disputed.

However, why would the bank alert you to the smaller transactions and then not question 2400 being spent on the same day - might be worth asking them the question.....
    Which is what I thought also,and they had not even credited me back the two smaller amounts.
    I have cleared the debt today anyway and realise I might have to put it down to being a bit too relaxed about checking my statements.
    Once bitten though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mate i work at one of the big banks and unfortunately because our data base can only go back 90 days this will limit your case. I would however definately talk to someone in the complaints department to see what can be done, maybe even threaten to go to another bank with a lower interest rate.... that might get their attention
    Audi A3 8P 2.0TFSI QUATTRO | SAT NAV | RS6 19'S | PREMIUM TINT| APR CARBONIO STAGE 2 INTAKE | SPM 3" SS DOWNPIPE W/ 200 CELL CAT
    TUNED BY APR
    APR STAGE II.

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by kabel Click here to enlarge
    Which is what I thought also,and they had not even credited me back the two smaller amounts.
    I have cleared the debt today anyway and realise I might have to put it down to being a bit too relaxed about checking my statements.
    Once bitten though.
    I reckon you should call their customer service people and ask why if they queried the smaller amounts, why the larger amount wasn't queried as well. Sure, they can say its your fault for not checking the statements, but you cancelled the card and thought everything was good - so you didn't check the statement.

Then threaten that you're not happy with what happened and that paying 2300 for someone else to have used your card illegally is not good and that you are thinking of closing all your accounts and going to another bank - also see what they say about their fraud protection on their credit card terms and conditions - most banks if not all of them should have some sort of customer protection on them.

Banks are desperate to keep all their customers, so threatening them with leaving may get you somewhere... worth a shot if you have the time to pursue it. Click here to enlarge
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CNBLU Click here to enlarge
    Mate i work at one of the big banks and unfortunately because our data base can only go back 90 days this will limit your case. I would however definately talk to someone in the complaints department to see what can be done, maybe even threaten to go to another bank with a lower interest rate.... that might get their attention
    That's ridiculous - I have to keep my records for 7 years!!!! You would think with the millions of dollars profit the banks make they can get some extra computers to keep some more data Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Vectracious Click here to enlarge
    That's ridiculous - I have to keep my records for 7 years!!!! You would think with the millions of dollars profit the banks make they can get some extra computers to keep some more data Click here to enlarge
    Pete we are still using DOS based programs Click here to enlarge
    Audi A3 8P 2.0TFSI QUATTRO | SAT NAV | RS6 19'S | PREMIUM TINT| APR CARBONIO STAGE 2 INTAKE | SPM 3" SS DOWNPIPE W/ 200 CELL CAT
    TUNED BY APR
    APR STAGE II.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ditto to that

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    DOS?!
    Christ. Better put my money back under the mattress Click here to enlarge
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CNBLU Click here to enlarge
    Pete we are still using DOS based programs Click here to enlarge
    DOS rules - you don't get a blue screen of death with DOS!!!!

Thread Information