9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    125i E82 Cope ...

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If it was me, I would wait till it's actually here, then go for a drive, then decide.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dutchy Click here to enlarge
    If it was me, I would wait till it's actually here, then go for a drive, then decide.
    This
    Also take into account... Is your SRi you currently have looking after you? ie: no faults or breakdowns. If it is, then you have no real reason to upgrade just yet which gives you the time to wait for the more spec'd up Opels to come to Aus Click here to enlarge

I suppose the only downside is that it might not be worth as much for a trade in then because it will have more kms/older, yada yada, but at the end of the day, its your choice that should make you happy!
    Last edited by hazrd; 6th January 2012 at 06:33 AM.
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by traveltravel Click here to enlarge
    with about the most boring interior ive seen in a car in the last 10 years, the astra g's interior looked better imo.
    The interior isn't that bad.. But if it's the ultimate hot hatch that you want, then it's the RS250..

Also look at the scirocco, more of a OPC competitor than the GTI.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    MY07 Golf GTI DSG
    Volvo XC60 T6
    Ex- 2003 Astra SRI Turbo

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    test drive the megane for sure. love the looks and handling!
    *BTM* Opel Astra SRi 2.2L

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by glider
    A thread hasn't been recognized on OpelAus forums until BTM has posted in it at least 6 times
    "As a final incentive before giving up on a difficult task, try to imagine it successfully accomplished by someone you violently dislike"

K. Zenios

I'm new here, please be nice LittleRed1's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw a Megane rs250 in the flesh yesterday. I have to say, it's a very nicely styled car, really a good looker. Renault seem to do this every now and then. It is however, still French, so expect some unusual things in there. As usual, the locals completely miss the boat by not giving up the 265hp motor. Some of us locals like the option of a little individuality. Without the option of a 'special' version, you might as well get yourself a Mazda 3 like everybody else.
    '03 Astra G Convertible Turbo - Bog Standard

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are obviously thinking of a new car "now". So why base you decision on what may come from Opel in 18months time?

I say, go look at a Golf Edition 35. It has a detuned Golf R (173kW/300Nm ) engine mated to the DSG box.

Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LittleRed1 Click here to enlarge
    I saw a Megane rs250 in the flesh yesterday. I have to say, it's a very nicely styled car, really a good looker. Renault seem to do this every now and then. It is however, still French, so expect some unusual things in there. As usual, the locals completely miss the boat by not giving up the 265hp motor. Some of us locals like the option of a little individuality. Without the option of a 'special' version, you might as well get yourself a Mazda 3 like everybody else.
    Isn't the Renault Megane RS250 Monaco GP LE the "special edition"?
    Last edited by rjastra; 6th January 2012 at 10:51 AM.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why compare manual to DSG too? Why not look at the manual golfs if you're looking at manual OPC's. Completely different cars
    2007 Liberty STi
    Click here to enlarge

I'm new here, please be nice LittleRed1's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, err, no. A few extra pieces of jewelry and some eyeshadow doesn't really make it special. A bit of extra 'factory' horse power might.

It's this that I was referring to: http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/News/Se...cial-pictures/
    '03 Astra G Convertible Turbo - Bog Standard

Thread Information