Threaded View

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by traveltravel Click here to enlarge
    so my car has been off finance for a few months now and im considering upgrading.
    i have a 2007.5 manual sri astra 63k km

my choice is between the current mark6 vw gti OR should i wait till the opc gets confirmed or declined for aus and then make my decision

just the basic specs for both

2012 Astra OPC 206kW/ 400Nm - Manual
    VW Golf GTI*155kW/*280Nm - DSG

any input will be valued greatly
    The 2 car choice mentioned will be at 2 different price points, unless you are actually considering a Golf R ??

If that and transmission choice of a manual is no issue, IMO wait and get the AJ OPC - this vehicle sounds like it will set a new 'FWD' hot hatch standard and should come close if not match up to the Focus RS but in a much nicer and modern looking package and be much better equipped...should also cost alot less than the initial ask for the Focus RS.

Another serious choice (as others have pointed out) is the Megane RS250, they've just released a new limited edition - the Monaco RS250 which adds more kit to the existing model which makes it more like a Golf or the upcoming OPC in terms of interior trim levels, pricing is similar to the Golfs...
    Last edited by Wraith; 10th January 2012 at 12:58 PM.
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information