Like a lot of the comments say, if you take him seriously then more fool you really. But it may of gone a little too far

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/...202-1o9ss.html

One of Britain's biggest unions has called for the BBC to sack popular TV presenter Jeremy Clarkson after he said public sector workers on strike should be shot in front of their families.
The Unison trade union said it was taking legal advice after the presenter of the Top Gear motoring show - a worldwide hit - made the comments on a chat show after more than a million workers went on strike on Wednesday.
The BBC said it had received about 4700 complaints about Clarkson's comments on The One Show, despite the broadcaster issuing an on-air apology.
Advertisement: Story continues below
After the controversy spiralled throughout the day, Clarkson himself apologised, saying his comments were not intended to be taken seriously.
When asked on the show on Wednesday what he thought of the mass strike in protest at changes to public sector pensions, Clarkson said, to laughter from the studio audience: "I would have them all shot."
The presenters grimaced as he went on: "I would take them outside and execute them in front of their families.
"How dare they go on strike when they've got these gilt-edged pensions while the rest of us have to work for a living?"

Karen Jennings, Unison's assistant general secretary, said Clarkson had spoken "almost like [late Libyan leader Muammar] Gaddafi would have spoken about demonstrators".
"It's an incitement to hatred and we are seeking legal advice," she added.
In a statement late on Thursday, Clarkson said: "I didn't for a moment intend these remarks to be taken seriously - as I believe is clear if they're seen in context.
"If the BBC and I have caused any offence, I'm quite happy to apologise for it alongside them."
Prime Minister David Cameron, a personal friend of Clarkson, dismissed his comments as "silly".
"It was obviously a silly thing to say and I am sure he didn't mean that," Cameron said.
"I didn't see the remark but I'm sure ... it's a silly thing to say."
Clarkson previously caused outrage when he described former prime minister Gordon Brown, who lost his sight in one eye in an accident suffered while playing rugby as a teenager, as a "one-eyed Scottish idiot".
In February, the BBC apologised to the Mexican ambassador in London after the Top Gear presenters described Mexicans as "lazy", "feckless" and "flatulent".
The BBC said Clarkson's latest comments were a misguided attempt at humour.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/...#ixzz1fNSMvgOX
Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!